PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac Solstice

SATracker
03-03-2010, 05:16 PM
I'll be detailing a late model Pontiac Solstice in a couple of weeks; this will be it's first detail, not mine. Anything special about GM paint that I should know about? And he would like for me to look at the engine, anything warnings about the Solstice engine setup that you would like to pass along? Thanks in advance-

rwright
03-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I'll be detailing a late model Pontiac Solstice in a couple of weeks; this will be it's first detail, not mine. Anything special about GM paint that I should know about? And he would like for me to look at the engine, anything warnings about the Solstice engine setup that you would like to pass along? Thanks in advance-

Unless they used the same clear that was applied on the Corvette (which I highly doubt) it should be like most other paints. Are you performing a 1-step or 3-step correction process? For the engine I would avoid a constant stream in one area at a time and stay away from high pressure. What product do you plan to use for the engine bay?

SATracker
03-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Depending on what I find:
ONR, clay, Optimum II (orange or white LC pads; if I have to - Meguiar's 105), Menzerna 85U (gray LC), Klasse AIO (blue LC), Wolfgang Sealant (blue LC pad). If I can have the car a little while longer I'll put on a layer of Pinnacle Souveran. The engine cleaning is rinse, DP cleanser, 303 Protectant.