PDA

View Full Version : Can one clay the interior side of windows?

Kurt_s
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
I have tiny, pinpoint brownish spots on the inside of the driver's side window. I'm not sure what they are but they almost look like large pollen grains that settled on a car in the spring. I don't really notice them unless I'm at the right angle, but the window is not clean.

The spots don't cover the entire window, and they don't come off with a basic window cleaner or an MF towel. I can catch my finger nail on the spot, but I don't want scratch the glass.

Can one clay the inside glass window of a 99 BMW without damaging the glass? If so, is there a preferred method as I don't want clay lube running down inside the door panel.

Any other suggestions?

HighEndDetail
03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Try a razor blade ? Should work without any issues

Shane731
03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about. Unless your windows have aftermarket tint on them, you can just use glass cleaner and a razor blade and it will come right off without scratching the glass. I've had to do this a number of times. :xyxthumbs:

Kurt_s
03-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys. I will give it a try and report back.

dood786
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Did it work?

Kurt_s
03-11-2010, 09:18 PM
I will make it a point to get to it this weekend and will post results. My wife decided to have a Oscar Party last Sunday, so I spent two days cleaning the house and cooking for 14.

The sacrifices one makes to play with cars...

Kurt_s
03-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the reco on the razor blades. :xyxthumbs: It tooks multiple passes before I could no longer feel the micro spots on the glass. They were tough little buggers to get off and I still don't know what they were.

The weather is supposed to be good for a few days, so the car will get a nice suds bath and maybe a fresh coat of wax. I will make sure that I got off all the spots in the sunlight.

Have a terrific weekend to all!