PDA

View Full Version : Keep your options simple...

MobolWerks
03-02-2010, 01:37 PM
So I have done a lot of research on the pros and cons of different marketing strategies, and this is what I feel will work the best for me.

I am offering (3) options with several al la carte services.

First is the Mini-Detail , which covers the basics of making a Camry look good.

Second is the Regular Detail, which covers the basics of making a high-end DD look good for an extended period of time. (i.e. Escalade of a housewife)

Third is the Full Detail, which covers everything, including the steps that only I would notice:) This one I sell as the best of the best, with products you can't really justify buying on your own. (i.e. wax that costs as much as a used Honda:))

As toward al la carte, I feel that customers being able to "shop" in a "cafeteria style" setting is important in regards to consistant business from them. i.e. they can get their engine detailed in March, and their paint waxed in July. I would note that I include a paint sealant in all packages, so their vehicles are always protected, even if they decide to take it to some idiot in a parking lot:)

This may be pretty typical to some of you, but in my area, it seems that certain services are "forced" on you as part of a package, whether you want them or not.. Before I began detailing, this was the biggest reason I would say no to a particular detailer - I wanted to choose what I paid for.....

dublifecrisis
03-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't do this for a living but I agree with the keep it simple approach. When I did consider doing this for a living, I thought through a lot of this stuff and came up with 3 packages but had 3-5 upsell things (engine clean, headlight restoration etc). These upsell items were intended to add more profit but not add a whole lot of time. You could justify adding something like an engine detail in your 'best'package' as long as it was built into the price.

I also spent some time writing up a restaurant style menu that while it was a cool idea and kinda catchy quickly became overwhelming and might not be ideal for customers.

Think: appetizer, entree, dessert....pick 2 appetizer and an entree get a free dessert.

MobolWerks
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I meant cafeteria style in the sense that you get to pick what you want:) Not an actual restaurant menu..... That would be new though....

Kris R
03-04-2010, 10:32 PM
I meant cafeteria style in the sense that you get to pick what you want:) Not an actual restaurant menu..... That would be new though....

can you explain the difference between a mini-detail and a regular detail?