PDA

View Full Version : New wheels came in, maintainence?

anson89
03-02-2010, 12:47 AM
I just bought a set of new Work Gnosis GS5 wheels for my Lexus IS-F. The finish is black shadow. Here's the link:

Work Wheels :: Products :: Gnosis GS-5 (http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product.php?category=44&wheel=125)

Here's what it stated on the direction for cleaning on the instructions sheet:

"No using brushes, no using wax or any wheel solvents, no using harsh chemicals or wheel cleaners."

This is my plan of attack:

1. Clean the wheel with P21S Gel or just plain ole water/soap
2. Agitate and clean with grout sponge and/or Daytona Wheel Brush
3. Rinse
4. Protect with Poorboy's wheel sealant.

Pretty much I've broken all the instruction sheet rules from 1-4 steps.

What are your thoughts Mike? Any other safer ideas?

jpegs13
03-02-2010, 06:20 AM
I have a set of GFG's on my Murcie. Same cleaning instructions that you have came with them. I've been using P21S, the Daytona wheel brush and DP wheel glaze. No problems at all.

ScottB
03-02-2010, 08:40 AM
After using the sealant you likely can use carwash/water for the next several washes. Sounds like a reasonable plan, infact it still keeps my Iforged Wheels looking new 4 years later.

Bobby B.
03-02-2010, 12:58 PM
The Work Gnosis GS5 wheel in Black Shadow will look awesome on a lexus IS-F. The P21S Wheel Cleaner, Poorboy's Wheel Sealant and the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush is perfect for cleaning and protecting your new wheels. Please post a picture when you put the wheels on your IS-F

WRAPT C5Z06
03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Will the P21S strip off the wheel sealant?

loudog2
03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Will the P21S strip off the wheel sealant?
Most likely yes, it does remove brake dust. Do what killrwheels said and wash with soap and water til you need a wheel cleaner again.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
After using the sealant you likely can use carwash/water for the next several washes. Sounds like a reasonable plan, infact it still keeps my Iforged Wheels looking new 4 years later.
Yep, good idea! :xyxthumbs:

DARK HORSE
03-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Most likely yes, it does remove brake dust. Do what killrwheels said and wash with soap and water til you need a wheel cleaner again.

P21S Good for chrome wheels, or would you suggest something else?

loudog2
03-02-2010, 03:24 PM
P21S Good for chrome wheels, or would you suggest something else?
P21 is safe for all wheels. It's a non-acidic water based detergent.

DARK HORSE
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
P21 is safe for all wheels. It's a non-acidic water based detergent.

Ya I read that, I was just wondering if there was something better to use on chrome. I saw where someone recommended Griots chrome wheel cleaner specifically for chrome. However I'll probably stick w/ P21S...

WRAPT C5Z06
03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Ya I read that, I was just wondering if there was something better to use on chrome. I saw where someone recommended Griots chrome wheel cleaner specifically for chrome. However I'll probably stick w/ P21S...
P21S, from what I've read, is the single best wheel cleaner on the market for any wheel.

ScottB
03-02-2010, 05:44 PM

I really like the Griots Chrome Wheel Cleaner but I believe its a little more aggressive than P21S. There regular wheel cleaner is more on tune with P21S IMO.

P21S, from what I've read, is the single best wheel cleaner on the market for any wheel.

Safe, effective and a great product indeed.