PDA

View Full Version : Best Clay?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

calhoun1
02-28-2010, 05:16 PM
There doesn't seem to be many topics on this by searching the forum.

I have been using Megs OTC clay and it seems to work ok for me, but I am wondering if there is something else out there that is a better choice.

My cars currently are pretty heavily contaminated from a 3600 mile cross country trip through salt, road crap, etc.

Not sure if the megs will be up to the task, but will use it if need be.

Just curious if there is a "best" clay out there, and if not what are everyone's opinion on the clay choices out there?

olbear1962
02-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Have used Meg's OTC not bad worked fine, I liked Clay Magic Blue OTYC better. I have read a lot of positive comments about Ricardo clay (yellow). I am on assignment in Canada I was able to buy some.Have just received my order and am anxious for the weather to improve so I try it out. Unfortunately everyone's opinion differ's on what is the "best" clay. Kinda like what is the best polish.....

sparkie
02-28-2010, 07:31 PM
:urtheman:Ricardo clay (yellow):urtheman:....I got friends up north..HeeHee.....Im the MAN

You can't get it in the US....AG had Pinnacle yellow clay, Adams had the same stuff too with their name on it... It was outlaw in the US...I forgot who said it, that DP is alot of bang for the buck...They done a comparison of maybe five different brands...

autodromo
02-28-2010, 08:37 PM
:urtheman:Ricardo clay (yellow):urtheman:....I got friends up north..HeeHee.....Im the MAN

You can't get it in the US....AG had Pinnacle yellow clay, Adams had the same stuff too with their name on it... It was outlaw in the US...I forgot who said it, that DP is alot of bang for the buck...They done a comparison of maybe five different brands...

yes it is illegal to ship to the US because of patent laws. this is what it says on another stores web sites.

USA Customers: Due to Patent laws in the USA this product can not be shipped to the USA. If you purchase this product the order will be cancelled and refunded automatically. If you have a Canadian address and the intent is not to redistribute back into the USA the product CAN be shipped and used at your Canadian address.

olbear1962
02-28-2010, 09:35 PM
"Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie
Ricardo clay (yellow)....I got friends up north..HeeHee.....

yes it is illegal to ship to the US because of patent laws. this is what it says on another stores web sites.

USA Customers: Due to Patent laws in the USA this product can not be shipped to the USA. If you purchase this product the order will be cancelled and refunded automatically. If you have a Canadian address and the intent is not to redistribute back into the USA the product CAN be shipped and used at your Canadian address."

How very true, while I am living up here in Canada I will have the pleasure of using the product... Im the MAN Im the MAN

Shane731
02-28-2010, 10:02 PM
I've used Meg's OTC clay, Mother's OTC clay, Clay Magic blue, and Meg's blue professional clay. Of those, I like the Meg's blue clay best. Clay Magic and Meg's OTC clay would fall in second, and the Mother's clay would be last. Like the others have said, you'll probably get different responses from different people.

CEE DOG
02-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I used the DP most recently and would recomend it.

ScottB
03-01-2010, 08:31 AM
I find the rule of thumb for clay personally is to decide which abrasive level is needed, most are similar in design.

Light --- Pinnacle Ultra Clay
Normal --- Mothers, DP, Four Star
Abrasive -- Megs Burgundy

dublifecrisis
03-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Blue Magic clay at AZ is my favorite (have used only OTC and ebay clay..lol). A new contender is the turtle wax claybar. Picked some up on clearnace and it's pretty good.

Mike Phillips
03-01-2010, 03:47 PM
A really aggressive clay can cause what's called

Clay Haze

That's a fluffy way of saying clay scratches... so be careful or you'll be removing scratches, err I mean haze after you're done claying.

:)

Slava
03-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Sorry for hijacking your thread but could someone explain the difference in light clay against more aggressive clay.
I've used Megs white clay bar and EagleOne blue, I'm not sure how aggressive they are.

TSIBrian
03-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I really like the aggressive clay when I know I'm going to be polishing. I don't think I've ever used it and not gotten the "clay haze'.

VISITOR
03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Blue Magic clay at AZ is my favorite

great clay and haven't really experienced any problems, and the nice thing is it can be found at your local AZ for right around $13 and it comes with a bottle that you can re-fill and use over and over...

MobolWerks
03-03-2010, 04:49 PM
The best clay depends a lot on what you're trying to do, and what you don't want to do..

By this, I mean, if you use something like Wolfgang Clay, which is a medium grade clay, you will remove a boatload of contamination, but you will also remove the wax from your vehicle...If you were planning on re-waxing, then this is no big deal...

On the other hand, if you want to remove light contamination, but keep your wax in tact, I would try either Pinnacle Ultra-Poly or Sonus, which are both light-grade clays...

Hope that helps

Matt S.
03-03-2010, 05:16 PM
DP for mild, Pinnacle Ultra Fine for a fine grade. That reminds me, I need to pick up some more Pinnacle for the S2K. :xyxthumbs: