PDA

View Full Version : Critique tomorrow's detail process

fly4food84
02-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Tomorrow is part #1 of the big detail.

I'm planning to do the following:

Wash, Clay, Poorboys SSR2 (PC set on 4.5 with polishing pad), Klasse AIO (PC set on 3 with finishing pad). Wait 24 hrs... Poorboys EX, Wait 24 hrs... Adam's Americana.

Bunky
02-28-2010, 08:10 AM
I think you should use the PC at speed 5 minimum with sufficient pressure (10+ lbs) to break down SSR2 properly.

O.C.Detailing
02-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Also, your process should be created according to what it's going to take to correct the defects unless you're doing a 1-step process regardless of whether the defects in the clear are being removed or not.

Every car will be different, so do a small test section with a couple of different approaches before you actually set a correction process for a vehicle.

A4 1.8tqm
02-28-2010, 04:45 PM
...do a small test section with a couple of different approaches before you actually set a correction process for a vehicle.

:iagree: Don't just formulate what seems like a good idea in your head and go do it to the whole car, do a small test section. If it gives you what you want then go with it if not try something new till your happy and duplicate that process on the rest of the car. :dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
03-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Tomorrow is part #1 of the big detail.

I'm planning to do the following:

Wash, Clay, Poorboys SSR2 (PC set on 4.5 with polishing pad), Klasse AIO (PC set on 3 with finishing pad). Wait 24 hrs... Poorboys EX, Wait 24 hrs... Adam's Americana.

How did it go?

:)

Mike Phillips
03-01-2010, 03:40 PM
do a small test section. If it gives you what you want then go with it if not try something new till your happy and duplicate that process on the rest of the car. :dblthumb2:

That's one of the best ways to insure success...

:xyxthumbs: