PDA

View Full Version : 303 Protectant

Pages : [1] 2

zinc02gt
02-26-2010, 07:04 PM
I used it for the first time today and absolutely love the stuff, but it liked to streak or dry in one spot and make it uneven in the overall gloss. Any ways to get past this? I was using a foam paint brush then wiping the excess off with a MF towel.

fly4food84
02-26-2010, 07:20 PM
I haven't had that problem, but I just spray a liberal amount on, then buff off with a microfiber. If you want even more protection, use Klasse AIO.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-26-2010, 07:20 PM
I used it for the first time today and absolutely love the stuff, but it liked to streak or dry in one spot and make it uneven in the overall gloss. Any ways to get past this? I was using a foam paint brush then wiping the excess off with a MF towel.

I have noticed that the foam paint brush holds a lot of product and that can cause the dressing to be spread unevenly. I lightly spray a microfiber applicator and that seems to apply it evenly without blotching.

zinc02gt
02-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Sweet deal. I'll be picking some MF applicators up then. Thanks.

2010V8Colorado
02-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I also used it for the first time today; did all the hard plastic panel and dash. I did use a mf applicator and had no problems. It helps to wipe it off as soon as you get a section covered. It won't leave lines where you start again. It's good stuff.

ScottB
02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
I have noticed that the foam paint brush holds a lot of product and that can cause the dressing to be spread unevenly. I lightly spray a microfiber applicator and that seems to apply it evenly without blotching.

:props::iagree:

CEE DOG
02-26-2010, 10:37 PM
I've never had the slightest problem. Here is:

-My application method-
1.-If a surface is dirty clean & dry it first before applying the protectant.
2.-Spray a little 303 onto a foam applicator or an "edge foam swab applicator"
3.-Wipe it onto the surface (Quick, easy, & FUN!)
4.-After applying to surface wait 2 to 5 minutes from your start time. (generally by the time you get done applying it)
5.-Thoroughly dry with a clean dry microfiber detailing towel using the same starting point.

I used it for the first time today and absolutely love the stuff, but it liked to streak or dry in one spot and make it uneven in the overall gloss. Any ways to get past this? I was using a foam paint brush then wiping the excess off with a MF towel. 303 is probably my favorite product. I can't quite place why that is... I love my Flex. I love my UPGP, I love my other products but I think it is that my 303 gives me so much happiness with so little effort. Even more so than anything else.

DARK HORSE
02-26-2010, 10:57 PM
I've never had the slightest problem. Here is:

-My application method-
1.-If a surface is dirty clean & dry it first before applying the protectant.
2.-Spray a little 303 onto a foam applicator or an "edge foam swab applicator"
3.-Wipe it onto the surface (Quick, easy, & FUN!)
4.-After applying to surface wait 2 to 5 minutes from your start time. (generally by the time you get done applying it)
5.-Thoroughly dry with a clean dry microfiber detailing towel using the same starting point.

303 is probably my favorite product. I can't quite place why that is... I love my Flex. I love my UPGP, I love my other products but I think it is that my 303 gives me so much happiness with so little effort. Even more so than anything else.

As always thank you for the detailed info Corey. Thank you for sharing. Based on your opinion of this product I just added it to my cart. My birthday is commig up soon, so I am filling up the cart..

Nappers
02-26-2010, 10:59 PM
The Meguiar's Even Coat applicator work great for applying dressings.

I may try that 303 when my gallon of M40 dries up and I get the green light!

It's bad when I teach my wife the lingo and she knows what I have and don't have.....

SouthernStyles
02-27-2010, 11:15 AM
303 Is a great product i love it too! It just takes some time to get the hang out applying it.

rwright
02-28-2010, 12:56 AM

I just used it on my car and this was the exact process. I just now found this thread too! I also found 303 to apply easier than Meg's new Ultimate Protectant. With both products, a little goes a long way.

Matt
02-28-2010, 04:08 AM
303 is probably my favorite product. I can't quite place why that is... I love my Flex. I love my UPGP, I love my other products but I think it is that my 303 gives me so much happiness with so little effort. Even more so than anything else.

Same here. For me it's because it performs so well on almost everything from the matte paint on the wiper arms to the door trim paint and plastic.

MobolWerks
03-03-2010, 05:38 PM
One major thing to remember is the simple fact that 303 absorbs into the vinyl, as opposed to a greasy dressing that just "sits" on the surface....

With that said, it may be what someone earlier mentioned which is that the vinyl is not completely clean, and as such, the dirt or contaminates are "blocking" the product from absorbing...

The other end of things, is that it could simply be that your vinyl is very dried out, and is "soaking up" more product in some areas over others - thus giving you the impression that it is streaking - what is actually happening, is that some areas are fully "hydrated" (not actually a hydration thing as it is not leather, but that's the easiest way of explaining it)

Essentially think of the "matte" areas as not being completely "filled up" with product.

Hope that helps

zinc02gt
03-03-2010, 06:32 PM
This wasn't on my vehicle. It was on the Tahoe that I did. I managed to get a good look out of it though.

I used it today on my Mustang after washing it. I used the MF pad technique and it worked like a charm. Looks really good, almost brand new.

Matt
03-04-2010, 03:42 AM
Sorry, just thought I'd add this...

But today I was at a hardware store with a couple of friends, and I have always told them about 303 and told them to buy some and they never do, but I saw some bottles of 303 on the shelf, so impulsively I bought them each a bottle, went out to the parking lot, sprayed it on their wiper cowls, rubbed it in with my FINGERS and used a TISSUE to remove it.

They were absolutely blown away!
(I basically wanted to demo to them what caring for their cars using the correct products could do). I only did a small patch on each of their cowls but the damage from acid rain and UV rays (their cars are outside 24/7) had really taken a toll on them and this turned it around like magic! This is the third detailing thing I've managed to get them to use for their cars, including car wash shampoo with proper mitts, paint sealant (3m Performance Finish) and now the 303. For Christmas I gave them each a waffle weave towel.

I'll try and get some photos tomorrow if I can!!!