PDA

View Full Version : Good terry cloth towels

elk42
02-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Where do you guys get your terry cloth towels that would be good enough for the pad cleaning on the fly technique Mike describes? there are noticeably better towels out there but its hard to compare and contrast in a store. Usually each store only had one particular type. thanks in advance. Elk

agpatel
02-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Megs Super Plush Terry Towels are great, too bad Ag does not sell them.

mcpp66
02-26-2010, 02:04 PM
If you want to clean your pads on the fly how about the pad washer system?

RaskyR1
02-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Where do you guys get your terry cloth towels that would be good enough for the pad cleaning on the fly technique Mike describes? there are noticeably better towels out there but its hard to compare and contrast in a store. Usually each store only had one particular type. thanks in advance. Elk

I think ADS has them Meguiars ones....haven't bought a terry towel in years though. :D

agpatel
02-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Terry is the way to go on leather also, you dont want to use MF on leather as they are made to pick up dust and anything on the surface and could remove some flaked clear coat on coated leather seats. Terry all the way on leather.

elk42
02-26-2010, 06:49 PM
i heard about the megs terry's hopefully i'll find them in a local store. thanks guys

bigdawg
02-26-2010, 07:05 PM
I use the ones from costco. You get alot for the $ and when they are to dirty or stained I just throw them away..

lefty101
02-26-2010, 10:10 PM
I use the ones from costco. You get alot for the $ and when they are to dirty or stained I just throw them away..
+1

Nappers
02-26-2010, 10:55 PM

I have the Meguiar's Terry cloths for windows only and I use the Costco ones for other stuff (clean pad on the fly) but, wash them and dry them a couple of times, mine had major lint on them.

ziggo99
02-26-2010, 11:48 PM
There is always checking the Sunday ad's, Target usually runs their nice bath towels for super cheap and should work well.

Jenn1270
02-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Can you use the Target bath clothes the same way as the terry cloths? Do they have these at Sams as well because we do not have a costco nearby.

cnfowler
02-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Can you use the Target bath clothes the same way as the terry cloths? Do they have these at Sams as well because we do not have a costco nearby.

Bath cloth, terry cloth, same thing. Terry cloth is a term for fabric with loops, usually made from cotton, that can absorb large amounts of water (from Wikipedia). A cotton bath cloth or towel would be fine.

Colin