PDA

View Full Version : ONR confusion?

Pages : [1] 2

Grizzly
02-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Okay, whats going on with ONR?

Is the formula simply being improved, or is there a totally seperate product coming out? I noticed AG had a new formula and then I read on another site that a whole another product was coming out?

Can anyone clear this up?

Chris Thomas
02-25-2010, 07:35 PM
New formula is boosted with more gloss and lubricity. AGO has BOGO on the old formula gallons. New formula has same packaging and same ratios. New spray and wipe waterless product is rumored to be in the works.

ScottB
02-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)
This is the older version on BOGO , new version is in New Area.

CharlesW
02-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)
This is the older version on BOGO , new version is in New Area.
At great prices!
$29.99 for a gallon of the new formula ain't too bad.

christian900se
02-25-2010, 10:19 PM
If you are up in the air about ONR, get it now while there are killer deals going around. New or old, they will both work very well which is why I ordered two gallons of the old formula.

Old Tiger
02-25-2010, 10:27 PM
I hate that I still have an unopened gallon of old ONR. Iwill double dose to get new ONR sooner.

Shane731
02-25-2010, 10:33 PM
How does the new formula smell compared to the old formula?

christian900se
02-26-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't know, but I didn't think the last version smelled bad?

Shane731
02-26-2010, 12:37 AM
How long is the old formula going to be on BOGO? 'Til you run out?

I don't know, but I didn't think the last version smelled bad?

Oh I agree, I don't think it smells bad either, it's just not my favorite smell is all.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Is the formula simply being improved, or is there a totally seperate product coming out?

Can anyone clear this up?

Both...

New formula being is released as well as a waterless wash product -Not to be confused with rinseless wash product which is what ONR is

CharlesW
02-26-2010, 08:24 AM
I hate that I still have an unopened gallon of old ONR. Iwill double dose to get new ONR sooner.Why???
A couple of days ago, the ONR you have was a good product.
It still is. It didn't turn rancid overnight. :)
Use it in your normal way and they will probably have another revision ready when your present gallon is used up.

FWIW, It was suggested to me to use wash solution in my rinse bucket so the rinse water didn't dilute the wash water. So.... When DP replaced the 4 in 1 with RW&G, I used the RW&G in my wash bucket and the 4 in1 in my rinse bucket. Got to use the new product, didn't waste the old product. You could use your new/old ONR the same way.

Old Tiger
02-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Why???
Use it in your normal way and they will probably have another revision ready when your present gallon is used up.

FWIW, It was suggested to me to use wash solution in my rinse bucket so the rinse water didn't dilute the wash water. So.... When DP replaced the 4 in 1 with RW&G, I used the RW&G in my wash bucket and the 4 in1 in my rinse bucket. Got to use the new product, didn't waste the old product. You could use your new/old ONR the same way.
Great point about rinse bucket. Truthfully, I cant imagine ONR being much improved, but I have great confidence in Dr. G's genious.

bmw5541
02-26-2010, 10:23 AM
How does the new formula smell compared to the old formula?

From what I have heard, it has a new cherry smell.:dblthumb2:

Going Mobile
02-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Why???

+1. I was thinking the same thing; use the "new" for wash and QD (perhaps), and the old for rinse and lube. The only catch for mixing the two during rinse and wash is that the scents are different, but it won't matter for me, I'm going to drink it or put it on my cereal. LOL.

RaskyR1
02-26-2010, 04:04 PM
From what I have heard, it has a new cherry smell.:dblthumb2:

Yep, Scottwax said it smelled like cherry to him but I think he said the actual scent was Mulberry. ;)