PDA

View Full Version : Bissell Little Green vs Rigid Wet/Dry vac as extractor/steamer?

anson89
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Not sure what's the difference between those, but I've been seeing some amazing results on carpet/leather interior cleaning! Detailing is a side/weekend job for me and am looking to invest in one of those, but spending $500 to $600 is a little too much for now. Any other recommendations?

I know there's a few other products that Bissell has to offer for cleaning heavily soiled interiors. Like the Bissell Auto Care Proheat.

zinc02gt
02-25-2010, 03:01 PM
The Bissell Little Green Proheat is what I have. I'm very impressed with it.

Lasthope05
02-25-2010, 03:10 PM
I have no personal experience with the Bissell LGM but from what I've read it is a good machine but lacks suction. I see quite a few people initially use the LGM to do the first stage extraction and follow up with a shop vac to pick up what the LGM cant.

So far there hasnt been one interior I havent been able to tackle with just a shop vac, carpet cleaner, and good old elbow grease.

christian900se
02-25-2010, 03:26 PM
I have used my Bissell LGM with heat up until now, but to be honest it was always lack luster and cannot fullfil the functions of a true vacuum so you will be stuck with having both a Bissell and a dedicated vacuum. I just bought a Shop Vac 12 gallon 5hp vacuum to take over interior duties. Go for the wet/dry vacuum if you need real suction and vacuuming capabilities, but the Bissell will be fine for detailing if it is a hobby.

RaskyR1
02-25-2010, 03:30 PM
I have no personal experience with the Bissell LGM but from what I've read it is a good machine but lacks suction. I see quite a few people initially use the LGM to do the first stage extraction and follow up with a shop vac to pick up what the LGM cant.

So far there hasnt been one interior I havent been able to tackle with just a shop vac, carpet cleaner, and good old elbow grease.

This is the method I use, but elbow grease is still required as the LGM is not going to do all the work for you.

zinc02gt
02-25-2010, 03:35 PM
The white brush attachment for the PC works pretty well for digging the majority of the dirt up.

I spray APC, let it dwell for about 5 minutes, come back with the PC and whtie brush attachment, then follow that up with the LGM Proheat. My carpets have been barely damp afterwards. I guess you could follow it up with a strong Shop Vac, but my stuff seems to dry within 10-15 minutes if that.