PDA

View Full Version : menzerna fmj?

corolla619
02-25-2010, 12:23 AM
new to the menzerna line and heard about fmj. tried researching it a little. can anyone give me some insight on what the properties are of this product? not sure if it's a wax or sealant. is it specified for certain colors like pinnacle products,dodo,etc? and what kind of shine it produces and the longevity and ease of application?

sorry for all the questions but as stated, i'm totally new to this line and am very curious about the fmj.

thank you.

christian900se
02-25-2010, 12:53 AM
It is a sealant and it looks great on pretty much any car. Application and removal is also very easy as long as it is spread thinly, however its achilles heel has been durability as it does not last as long as many other sealants available.

agpatel
02-25-2010, 01:19 AM
FMJ is not a true Menz prodcut, Menz name was bought to put onto the product. Some say durability is not the best, some reputable people have said it comes down to application and if done proper it will last as long as other sealants on the market (WG, BF, ext). Not sold by AG as it is made by a competitor, CMA.

The new Menzerna Polymer sealant is made for MenzernaUSA and is not made by the Menzerna Germany.

termigator
02-25-2010, 07:04 AM
FMJ is one of my favorite sealants. It is the absolute easiest sealant to apply and remove and initial slickness is one of the best if not the best. It has an incredible shine that seems to look good on either dark or light colored cars. I had it on my previous ride, a metallic black 02' Acura TL-S and it never looked better. I also have it on one of my current rides, a pearl white 08' Lexus IS350 and again, it looks great. I can't answer the durability question because my cars are garaged and I usually wax once a month.

Meghan
02-25-2010, 08:01 AM
FMJ is not manufactured by Menzerna, but it is licensed for use of name. So it is not a true Menzerna product, as for the new sealant that is a true Menzerna manufactured product.

redg35
02-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Fmj is a great product and slick as....well you know.Durability though is lacking but it is super easy on and easy off.

corolla619
02-25-2010, 06:55 PM
thanks everyone for your replies.

i've always been a nuba guy since i love to wax, so durability isn't really a factor in the end. but it never hurts to start with a sealant and top with a nuba. so fmj, or the true menz sealant? or....wolfgang 3.0?

ScottB
02-25-2010, 07:32 PM
I suggest trying Wolfgang 3.0 , Duragloss 105, or Four Star UPP for some great sealants. I too hope to add the new Menzerna Sealant (Power Lock) to this list soon.

richy
02-26-2010, 09:29 AM
I suggest trying Wolfgang 3.0 , Duragloss 105, or Four Star UPP for some great sealants. I too hope to add the new Menzerna Sealant (Power Lock) to this list soon.

I agree with killr...I had a bottle of FMJ and when it ran out I replaced it with DG 105 and have never looked back. If you do get FMJ, top it with Collinite and you'll have the best of both worlds.

corolla619
02-27-2010, 12:35 AM

isn't 4 star upp a wipe on and walk away sealant? kinda weary on the streaks that could occur? nonetheless, menzerna powerlock caught my eye, but so has wolfgang 3.0:props:

CEE DOG
02-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I use UPGP which is a wipe on walk away and I got not even a trace of a single streak... I have heard others getting them though.

Just apply these top level WOWA sealants as directed and they should work great.

ScottB
02-27-2010, 03:36 PM
isn't 4 star upp a wipe on and walk away sealant? kinda weary on the streaks that could occur? nonetheless, menzerna powerlock caught my eye, but so has wolfgang 3.0:props:

nope ... traditional apply, cure, buff off product. Quite easy to apply and buff even with over application (excess product) and no streaking even on blacks.

Only Walk Aways : Zaino CS, Ultima, and Optimum Optiseal