PDA

View Full Version : Pro Blend measuring cap not working for me

trencher7
02-24-2010, 06:32 PM
So I bought a Pro-Blend measuring cap for my gallon of ONR. After measuring 1 ounce and letting the excess drain back into the bottle, I began to pour (without squeezing) and by the time 2 ounces came poring out I realized it wasn't going to stop. ONR just kept on coming out up through dispensing hole. I could have poured the whole gallon out which defeats the whole purpose of the Pro Blend cap in the first place. What's up? Can these not take the pressure of a gallon sized bottle?

Old Tiger
02-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Did you screw the measuring disk down to the 1 oz mark? Mine work great. I prefer the 1 oz pump dispenser for gallons and the Pro Blend for quarts. The gallon Pro lend works great too.

Chris Thomas
02-25-2010, 12:10 AM
sounds like the pick up tube is too short. It needs to go to the bottom of the container.

trencher7
02-25-2010, 12:46 AM
sounds like the pick up tube is too short. It needs to go to the bottom of the container.

It touches the bottom, but I think it may be cut at an angle. I think I have room to even it out. Right now the only work around is to be sure when I tilt to pour the tube is on the top so it's not submerged.

Mike Phillips
02-25-2010, 09:38 AM
So I bought a Pro-Blend measuring cap for my gallon of ONR. After measuring 1 ounce and letting the excess drain back into the bottle, I began to pour (without squeezing) and by the time 2 ounces came poring out I realized it wasn't going to stop. ONR just kept on coming out up through dispensing hole. I could have poured the whole gallon out which defeats the whole purpose of the Pro Blend cap in the first place. What's up? Can these not take the pressure of a gallon sized bottle?

Sounds like something's not right?

I just squeezed 1.5 ounces into the reservoir of a PBBP here at my desk and then unscrewed it from the gallon and watched it an none to very little drained out of the reservoir. A little fluid will seep out when there's no reverse suction but there is a one way type valve which prevents the product you squeeze into the reservoir from simply rushing out back into the container.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/719/IMG_8485.JPG

Give me a call at 1-800-869-3011 x206

:)

Mike Phillips
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
It's been about 4 hours since I posted the above picture and the fluid is still in the reservoir.

I'll take a picture around 5 and post it.

Bert31
02-25-2010, 03:04 PM
I think what the original poster is saying is that after squeezing an ounce of ONR into the Pro Blend, he turned over the entire bottle to pour the ounce of ONR into something but more than an ounce drained out of the Pro Blend. I am guessing when he turned the bottle over, the ONR kept draining into the Pro Blend. Is that what happened Trencher7?

Chris Thomas
02-25-2010, 03:14 PM
The fluid in the reservoir will not drain because it is below the fill tube, not because there is a valve. The tube is not secure in the bottom of the proportioner, the tube is cracked or has a hole in it, or the tube is still below the fluid in the container when turned upside down. If you have made sure the connection is secure, it goes to the bottom and you turn it all the way upside down (not just 45 degrees or so) and the leak still occurs, I'd ask for a replacement.

trencher7
02-25-2010, 05:06 PM
I think what the original poster is saying is that after squeezing an ounce of ONR into the Pro Blend, he turned over the entire bottle to pour the ounce of ONR into something but more than an ounce drained out of the Pro Blend. I am guessing when he turned the bottle over, the ONR kept draining into the Pro Blend. Is that what happened Trencher7?

That's it. I can squeeze the right amount into the Pro-Blend and the extra will drain back down into the bottle (as it should). It will hold the amount I want no problem. The problem is the Pro-Blend doesn't stop the whole gallon from pouring out the top when I tilt it to pour my 1 oz of ONR. When I tilt the gallon sized bottle of ONR to pour the contents, the liquid keeps pouring (out of the same place it does when I squeeze above the green disc) and filling up the Pro-Blend dispenser as if I am squeezing more into it. What should prevent the ONR from filling the Pro-Blend when I just tilt to pour? Is it an issue of having a flat cut on the end of the tube that is touching the bottom of the bottle? I believe I cut it at a slant.

Mike Phillips
02-25-2010, 05:33 PM
I'd ask for a replacement.

These things are pretty simple, they either work or they don't?

Call 1-800-869-3011 tomorrow and ask for Meghan or Bobby.

trencher7
02-25-2010, 05:44 PM
These things are pretty simple, they either work or they don't?

Call 1-800-869-3011 tomorrow and ask for Meghan or Bobby.

Ok thanks. Just wanted to rule out user error.

Bert31
02-27-2010, 09:43 PM
After reading about this thread, I decided to give my new Pro Blends a try. I just screwed mine onto a jug with just water in it but I noticed that it slowly leaks back into the bottle until there is none in the Pro Blend. I didn't have any trouble with it flowing back into the Pro Blend.

trencher7
02-27-2010, 10:37 PM
After reading about this thread, I decided to give my new Pro Blends a try. I just screwed mine onto a jug with just water in it but I noticed that it slowly leaks back into the bottle until there is none in the Pro Blend. I didn't have any trouble with it flowing back into the Pro Blend.

I must have a faulty one. Autogeek is taking care of it. Great service as usual.

Mike Phillips
03-01-2010, 11:11 AM

I took this picture 02-25-2010, 09:38 AM as you see on page one of this thread,
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/719/IMG_8485.JPG

I took this picture just a few minutes ago as I left the jug and the proportion sitting on my desk ever since I took the first picture. You can see a little bit of product has seeped back into the jug but not very much...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/719/medium/BottleProporterionOverTime.jpg

My guess is water is so thin that it leaked down but an actual product, like pictured in my pictures wouldn't.