PDA

View Full Version : Tree Sap Protection

Nanook
02-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Is it possible?

I know, I know: it's like asking if there's a way to protect my car from thrown rocks and spiky hailstones. The best protection is prevention. But more than half the parking spaces by my home are under trees that drop sap twice a year, in addition to housing birds. It's hard to avoid being under them.

What I can do is clean frequently and carefully, if I know how. Will I get better protection from a wax or sealant? Anything special I should use for cleaning?

rohnramirez
02-24-2010, 01:45 AM
The best tree sap protection is a cover with soft cotton (haven't seen an mf,but if there is,that's the one you wanna get) inside and a nice water-proof nylon on the outside. That should protect you real good from everything else.

ScottB
02-24-2010, 08:57 AM
While I cannot think of any real sap protection, heres a couple ideas:

1. Wax/Seal Frequently
2. Use Car Cover when possible
3. Remove SAP as quick as possible (Poorboys Bug Squash)

rohnramirez
02-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Ok..my previous post didn't sound right. what i meant was a car cover made of nylon on the outside and a soft fabric on the inside that will prevent scratches. Usually there's just cotton on the inside, but if there's an MF on the inside, then get that one.

Nanook
02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
a car cover made of nylon on the outside and a soft fabric on the inside that will prevent scratches. Usually there's just cotton on the inside, but if there's an MF on the inside, then get that one.
Good to know - thanks. I wasn't aware they came that way.

I take it wax alone, while still a good thing to apply, won't provide enough of a barrier against tree sap?