PDA

View Full Version : Which car do you pick and why?

Pages : [1] 2

slammin86
02-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Ok both of these carshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif (http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355797#) are the same car with the exception of the following.

Car A
2007 one owner car with 28000 miles. This car has a factory upgraded stereo, factory add on lip spoiler, and factory added embroidered trunk mat. Car is dark metallic red.

Car B
2008 two owner car with 38000 miles. This car has none of the above add on's. Car is plain white.

Again, both cars are the same model, and are even the same price. NADA values car B at $100 higher than car A and kbb values car B at $140 higher. Both cars have 3 year 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranties and 5 year 60000 mile powertrain warranties. These are factory warranties. Car B has no bumper to bumper left, car A has about 4 months left on bumper to bumper.

ScottB
02-23-2010, 07:15 PM
who owned the car with all the upgrades ??? If it was a younger gentlemen it might have been abused mechanically. Can you find out the scheduled maintenance ??

If both cars are used GM's you still can pickup an extended warranty thru GMPP in most instances even if slightly over mileage. Consider checking it

CharlesW
02-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Since the price is not a factor, it is a matter of personal choice.
I would go for the red since I like red.:)
The stereo and spoiler may help sell the car for you when you are ready to trade again.

The main thing for me is liking the vehicle I buy. If you aren't happy with it now, you probably won't be happy with it 6 months or a year from now.

slammin86
02-23-2010, 07:20 PM
who owned the car with all the upgrades ??? If it was a younger gentlemen it might have been abused mechanically. Can you find out the scheduled maintenance ??

If both cars are used GM's you still can pickup an extended warranty thru GMPP in most instances even if slightly over mileage. Consider checking it

I'm not concerned about warranty because both cars are still covered under the mfg powertrain warranty for 6 years/ 60000 miles.

No way to know maintenance.

gtmatt
02-23-2010, 07:35 PM
If you are planning to keep it 10yrs. then go with the newer one. When you finally do sell it it could be worth more. Basically you must feel something for one of them, go for that one. The right choice is the one you pick.

CEE DOG
02-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Car A is the one unless their is more info such as what Killr alluded to.

kronos
02-23-2010, 07:52 PM
What are the make and model's of the cars in question?

CEE DOG
02-23-2010, 07:57 PM
What are the make and model's of the cars in question?

Oops, I assumed they were both the same make and model....

A is a Lamborghini Diablo
B is a Pinto....

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

slammin86
02-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Each car is the same make model and trim.

rwright
02-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Not sure if this helps but KBB is always in favor of the dealer. You should check Edmunds for a more precise estimate. Or pm me the details of the cars and I will get the wholesale (black book) of each. This is what dealers use because it lists what the cars average at auto auctions which means you get bottom dollar for your trade if trading. As mentioned, more add-ons means more money for resale or trade.

Harleyguy
02-23-2010, 09:11 PM
You can also ask the dealer for a Car Fax report.

slammin86
02-23-2010, 09:18 PM
You can also ask the dealer for a Car Fax report.

Yep I have a carfax on each. I have also inspected the red one from top to bottom for any signs of paintwork, and have found none.

termigator
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM

If both cars are GM's, RUN!!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'd choose A, since there's no evidence of body work/damage and the upgrades sure don't hurt.
To quote a famous archeology professor, "It's not the age, it's the mileage!":xyxthumbs:

Animal-Mother
02-23-2010, 11:07 PM
"We named the dog Indiana..."

slammin86
02-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Went with the red 07. That was my initial gut feeling and for the most part everyone thought the same.

Thanks for the help.