PDA

View Full Version : Tried some optimum products this weekend, and...

Pages : [1] 2

spike
02-22-2010, 03:12 PM
I FINALLY had a chance to wash one of the vehicles this weekend, and I got to try some optimum products for the very first time on my 1999 sage grey camry. Here are some observations from my experiences:

1. Washed the car with optimum car wash (not ONR, which I already love). Loved the scent (like blueberries), and it really suds up well, even with the hard water we have at the house. A little goes a long way. The bottle says to use 0.5 oz per gallon of water, and that really is enough. I was pleased with its cleaning abilities as well.

2. After drying the car off, I used the optimum car wax. The first thing I noticed was, man, this is soo easy to use! Just spray on, and wipe off. I didn't get the streaking that some here on the forum had said they got, but I found that if you spray it on one section or panel at a time, then wipe it off pretty much immediately, then it did not streak. The slickness of the car was awesome after applying, and it gave a nice shine to the car. I really like the beading it gives too (rained today and got to see the beading). A very nice product, and I highly recommend it. And I really like that it has UV protection as well.

3. Used the optimum tire shine. This gave me mixed reviews, but I think it might be because of the way I used it. I sprayed it on, then wiped with a tire swipe, and at the time it looked like an even coating, but the next morning it looked a bit splotchy in parts on the tire. Maybe I needed to apply it, then after it soaked in, buff the tires again to get a more even coating. I didn't do this, but I was still pleased with how nice and matte black the tires looked. I will have to see how durable it is, but I am pleased with the product.

All in all, I am glad I tried optimum products, and I will be using them in the future, especially the spray car wax. :xyxthumbs:

Slava
02-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the Reviews.
I've never used any of the Optimum products but I do have ONR on my list of things to try. Might have to try spray wax as well. A lot of people seemed to like it.

dublifecrisis
02-22-2010, 03:56 PM
agree with you on the tire shine. Immediately after use I thought "this is perfect!...looks like a brand new tire, not shiney etc". Next day, even though it remained in the garage, it was a bit splotchy. No biggie on MY cars as I can apply a 2nd coat and maybe that solves it but not if it's a customer's car.

The spray wax is fantastic. Super gloss and slickness and a little goes a long way. Ahhh the blueberries! I was in such a euphoria over the smell that I couldn't pay attention to whether the shampoo was good or not.

DARK HORSE
02-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Good job, and thank you for taking the time to provide us with the reviews...

Shane731
02-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Cool! I just bought some Optimum car wash, Optimum Car Wax, Opti-Seal, and Opti-Bond myself. Looking forward to trying them out. Questions:

1. Optimum Car Wash: What kind of wash mitt did you use? Can you compare this with some other car washes you've used?

2. Optimum Spray Wax: What kind of towel did you use? Have you used any other spray waxes that you can compare this to?

3. Optimum Tire Shine: :Picture:

Thanks for the reviews! :dblthumb2:

Bunky
02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
1. Washed the car with optimum car wash (not ONR, which I already love). Loved the scent (like blueberries), and it really suds up well, even with the hard water we have at the house. A little goes a long way. The bottle says to use 0.5 oz per gallon of water, and that really is enough.

Everything I have read including Optimum web site says 1 oz (or less) per gallon. ONR is 0.5 oz per gallon.

Shane731
02-22-2010, 05:25 PM
:whs: My bottle says 1 oz. per gallon as well.

HighEndDetail
02-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I like there products. Optimum polish is one of my favorite polishes.

Old Tiger
02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
agree with you on the tire shine. Immediately after use I thought "this is perfect!...looks like a brand new tire, not shiney etc". Next day, even though it remained in the garage, it was a bit splotchy. No biggie on MY cars as I can apply a 2nd coat and maybe that solves it but not if it's a customer's car.

The spray wax is fantastic. Super gloss and slickness and a little goes a long way. Ahhh the blueberries! I was in such a euphoria over the smell that I couldn't pay attention to whether the shampoo was good or not.
I have not tried Tire Shine, but Opti Bond is superb on tires, trim and wheel wells. It is a gel. It is a WYSIWYG product and is fairly durable. It has a nice finish. I have not figured out why they make 2 tire dressings, but you wont have any problems with Opti Bond IME. Optimum is my favorite product line. Power Clean and Protection are also superb products. I thought Spray Wax was the undisputed king until I bought Four Star on BOGO a few weeks ago.

spike
02-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Cool! I just bought some Optimum car wash, Optimum Car Wax, Opti-Seal, and Opti-Bond myself. Looking forward to trying them out. Questions:

1. Optimum Car Wash: What kind of wash mitt did you use? Can you compare this with some other car washes you've used?

2. Optimum Spray Wax: What kind of towel did you use? Have you used any other spray waxes that you can compare this to?

3. Optimum Tire Shine: :Picture:

Thanks for the reviews! :dblthumb2:

Thanks all. I think this is one of the first reviews I have posted, so bear with me...
I used a generic chenille mitt to wash with (bought at walmart I think a long time ago). The car wash that I use the most is Megs NXT because it will suds up pretty well when used with hard-ish water. I like the NXT soap, but I haven't tried a "gourmet" kind of soap like OPT car wash before, so I'm still new when it comes to this. As far as spray waxes, the only other one I've tried is DG Aquawax based on the good reviews it got on the forum. And I really like that wax too, but I think it doesn't give the supreme slickness that OCW does. And if you use Aquawax, you'll see that the car isn't so shiny right at first, but look at it the next day, and wow! But to me, the OCW looked good right after I applied it. I used a blue microfiber towel to WOWO.

As far as the tire shine, I should have gotten some pics, but I didn't think I could capture the splotchiness I got in a pic with my limited camera anyway. I'm sure the product is great, but maybe I didn't apply it correctly or something...I'll try to get some pics, but it was pouring rain today...

spike
02-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Everything I have read including Optimum web site says 1 oz (or less) per gallon. ONR is 0.5 oz per gallon.

I bought the sampler kit from a local OPT distributor (sorry Autogeek :)), and on the back of the little 4 oz bottle of the car wash is says to use 0.5 oz per gallon. I usually use my ONR at 1 oz per gallon. Could the label on my bottle be a mis-print? Not sure, but the soap does seem to be super concentrated, so a little went a long way...

Shane731
02-22-2010, 08:23 PM
I just checked my gallon jugs of Optimum Car Wash and ONR, and this is what I got:

Optimum Car Wash: 1 oz. per gallon of water

ONR: 1 oz. for 2 gallons of water (for washing)
2 oz. per gallon of water (for a clay lube)
8 oz. per gallon of water (for a quick detailer)

spike
02-22-2010, 08:27 PM
I just checked my gallon jugs of Optimum Car Wash and ONR, and this is what I got:

Optimum Car Wash: 1 oz. per gallon of water

ONR: 1 oz. for 2 gallons of water (for washing)
2 oz. per gallon of water (for a clay lube)
8 oz. per gallon of water (for a quick detailer)

Thanks Shane for the clarification...my bottle must have a typo on it. But why? I wonder why this one says 0.5 oz per gallon? Mistake, I guess.

Shane731
02-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks Shane for the clarification...my bottle must have a typo on it. But why? I wonder why this one says 0.5 oz per gallon? Mistake, I guess.

Must be a typo. :dunno:

Hey look! You have 100 posts! That makes you a senior member now! Congrats! :props:

spike
02-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Must be a typo. :dunno:

Hey look! You have 100 posts! That makes you a senior member now! Congrats! :props:

Wow!! I didn't even notice that. That's awesome!! Im the MAN