PDA

View Full Version : need help with 2005 scion tc massive dealer swirls

uadetailing
02-21-2010, 07:19 PM
hey guys whats up, my fiancee just bought a 2005 scion tc nautical blue, and she decided to go without me and buy the car and forgot to tell them not to detail it. so now it has very heavyswirls/holos/webs it looks like they dry buffed it. anywyas i have a few questions on how to properly correct the paint heres what im working with i have the pc7424 i have pbs ssr2.5 and ssr1 and i also have the xmt line which i have swirlremover #2 and the polish to folow after uing #2 as well as the xmt finishing glaze. ok so my question to you is i know without a doubt ima need to start with a yellow pad then work my way down to a white. so what steps should i take,

wash
clay
correction
finishing glaze followed by
pbs natty blue paste wax?

Rsurfer
02-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Rule no. 1 before polishing...do a small test area first. Poorboy's might not be aggressive enough.

Mirror Detailing
02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
no always start with the lightes correction first and work your way up to desired results then use that process to work out to what you want.

With a DA you will do fine, dealerships always do production details on them with Rotarys so once you finish it out you will be fine. Just might take a little working to figure out what combo you need with a test spot.

Rsurfer
02-21-2010, 07:34 PM
no always start with the lightes correction first and work your way up to desired results then use that process to work out to what you want.

With a DA you will do fine, dealerships always do production details on them with Rotarys so once you finish it out you will be fine. Just might take a little working to figure out what combo you need with a test spot.I did say BEFORE POLISHING. And yes, least aggressive first.

uadetailing
02-21-2010, 07:39 PM
ya but this surface is meesed up well ill try a orange pad first and work like a 2x2 section and make a few passes with the pinnacale xmt swirl remover and go from there i cant do it till this spring which is like 1month away here in ny ill def post b4 and after pix just need some imput

Mirror Detailing
02-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I did say BEFORE POLISHING. And yes, least aggressive first.

I wasnt referring to you. you and I posted at the same time. :xyxthumbs:

Rsurfer
02-21-2010, 11:57 PM
I wasnt referring to you. you and I posted at the same time. :xyxthumbs:No problem