PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon HP Mixture Issues?

Emile
02-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Hello Friends,

I haven't posted much because I've been a busy beaver at work and I am spending my week-ends keeping my car and my father's car clean and well-protected during these harsh winter months.

Most week-ends I start by pre-rinsing and foaming up my car with my pressure washer and Foam Cannon HP to get rid of the bulk of the salt and grime that builds up on the vehicle, then I pull it into the garage, blow off the bulk of the water with my Metro Air Force Blaster, and perform an ONR or DP Rinseless Wash (I am LOVING the DP Rinseless these days).

My question is as follows: I like doing my foam-up with DP Xtreme Foamula because it seems to provide the best touch-less cleaning of my arsenal of soaps. I usually like to fill up the bottle with 2oz DP Xtreme soap and the rest water (all the way to the top). But because the DP soap is such a thick gel, I think the Foam Cannon HP initially has a tough time sucking up the soap/water solution if I use any more than 2oz of soap, even after I shake the bottle vigorously. It starts by sending a soap-water solution at first and it sounds like it's struggling to suck up the solution, but after 30 seconds or so, it starts working normally, producing the thick shaving cream-like foam solution onto the vehicle and no more funky sound.

If I'm using a thinner wash soap, I have no issues as long as I stay under 4oz of soap and the rest water. Does anyone experience a similar issue? Or can you use even 4 or 6oz of thick soap with no problems? I just want to make sure my Foam Cannon HP is working at its best...I do rinse the Cannon thoroughly immediately after each use.

Can anyone share or help me out?

Thanks,
Emile