PDA

View Full Version : Shipping is funny sometimes

mchess1
02-20-2010, 07:52 AM
So my latest order leaves Stuart, Florida ... travels 120 miles north to Orlando ... then comes 155 miles south to West Palm Beach. :doh:

With all of those fancy route optimizers UPS has you would think it would just come the 35 miles south!

Should have picked up the order in person like I usually do, it was free shipping though so I figured what the heck.:bash:

No complaints, it still made it here in two days. I am just showing my impatience in having my goodies in my grubby little hands.

ScottB
02-20-2010, 08:39 AM
I live in Broward County and saw this happen to one of my packages ... never happened before or since. I figured UPS wanting it to see the scenic route and just knew I wanted it sooner ...

autodromo
02-20-2010, 11:37 AM
i think what is going on is that once your package leaves AG and goes to UPS it gets sorted out by zip code. so if someone messes-up and sends the package to Orlando when it should go to palm beach (or what ever), than it has to get re-routed. UPS will still consider it on time since it falls in the 7 day requirement.
something like this happen to me but i had to wait the whole weekend till Monday came around since there are no normal deliveries over the weekend.

agpatel
02-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Not a AG package but I had a friend of mine who got some stuff from Canada and was sent via DHL. One day we check the tracking and it is in Europe, LOL, call them up to ask why the package is in Europe and they dont know so lucky they upgrade it to overnight and we got the car parts in the next day and could install them on time.

cnfowler
02-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm awaiting my 3 packages that were shipped on the 16th. Here's where it gets crazy, weird, annoying, whatever you want to call it. It took less than 2.5 days to get from Stuart, Fl to Commerce City, Co (Denver Metro area). However, it is scheduled for delivery on the 24th. So it is going to take twice the time to get 4 hours south as it did to get from South Florida to Colorado. What the heck?

Colin