PDA

View Full Version : How to determine ~1 oz w/ no measuring tools?

Clutch34
02-20-2010, 02:01 AM
I used ONR yesterday for the first time and must say that I absolutely LOVE it!! My car was lightly dusty and the weather had finally warmed up a bit so I could pamper my car after a long time! Just gotta finish up and clean tires, wheels, wheel wells, and interior. :xyxthumbs:

Anyways, I didn't have anything to measure 1 oz of ONR so I was curious on the EASIEST method to determine that small quantity. I bought the 32 oz ONR bottle from AG so one method I thought of and wanted to ask was, how many capfuls is 1 oz?

02blackout
02-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Isn't one capful 1oz? lol

Matt
02-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Yea a capfull is either 0.5 or 1 oz, I'm not quite sure which. I think they actually mention the capacity (or something along the lines of it) on the side of the bottle)

Good choice with the ONR, I LOVE the stuff!

JohnHenry
02-20-2010, 08:17 AM
1 Glug = 1.5 oz. True in Bartending and Detailing.

PAR Detailing
02-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I have a cheap measuring cup from walmart that I keep out in my garage. I also use a shot glass because its small and easy. Ive never been one to try and get super accurate measures though so ballpark is good for me

mackdaddyhibble
02-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Get yourself one of those little cups that come in Laundry Detergent,if its more than a once,mark it with a permanent marker at one once

Waxmax
02-20-2010, 10:58 AM
The cap on the 32 oz. ONR bottle is 0.5 oz....so 2 capfuls= 1 oz.

Matt
02-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Get yourself one of those little cups that come in Laundry Detergent,if its more than a once,mark it with a permanent marker at one once

I used to use a disposable plastic cup, and I measured out 1, 2 and 3 oz on the cup and marked them with a permanent marker.

Now I use the measuring cup that came with my Pinnacle Microfiber Rejuvenator to measure quantities since I have two and am now using Micro-Restore.

CharlesW
02-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Bingo! I think we have a winner. :)

How to determine ~1 oz w/ no measuring tools?

The cap on the 32 oz. ONR bottle is 0.5 oz....so 2 capfuls= 1 oz.
:props:

dood786
02-20-2010, 06:28 PM
For extracting from large containers, i am currently using a syringe which has marking on it. We use milliliters though so i can go very small, maybe get one thats used for large doses of stuff

BobbyG
02-20-2010, 07:05 PM
1 Glug = 1.5 oz. True in Bartending and Detailing.

Doesn't a shot glass = 1 oz?

bigdawg
02-20-2010, 07:16 PM
I have a 13mo. old so I use a old baby bottle.

JohnHenry
02-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Doesn't a shot glass = 1 oz?

from Wikipedia: Except in Utah, where a shot is defined as 1.5 fl oz, there is no standard size for a single shot. Elsewhere in the U.S., the standard size is generally considered to be 1.25–1.5 fl oz. As a result, the size of a double shot varies between 2.5 and 3.0 fl oz. A smaller 1.0 fl oz shot is generally referred to as a pony shot or short shot.

Maybe I'm not as serious an OCD sufferer as some (lol), but if I need an ounce or so of something like ONR, I tip the bottle over the bucket for one "glug" and call it good. If I'm mixing a dilution ratio from a gallon container into a spray bottle on the other hand, I'm fairly precise. :xyxthumbs:

Bunky
02-21-2010, 07:29 AM
I have some medicine measuring cups and I just keep them upside on the bottle of ONR, etc. This way it is always handy. I know it can make a cap a little messy if you do not wipe out the measuring cup.

BobbyG
02-21-2010, 08:46 AM
from Wikipedia: Except in Utah, where a shot is defined as 1.5 fl oz, there is no standard size for a single shot. Elsewhere in the U.S., the standard size is generally considered to be 1.25–1.5 fl oz. As a result, the size of a double shot varies between 2.5 and 3.0 fl oz. A smaller 1.0 fl oz shot is generally referred to as a pony shot or short shot.

Maybe I'm not as serious an OCD sufferer as some (lol), but if I need an ounce or so of something like ONR, I tip the bottle over the bucket for one "glug" and call it good. If I'm mixing a dilution ratio from a gallon container into a spray bottle on the other hand, I'm fairly precise. :xyxthumbs:

The shot glass probably wasn't the best example cause some of these products smell so good I might be tempted, by accident of course! :laughing: :laughing:

John, don't tell anyone but I pour and the one glug works just fine for me too. We're washing a car not splitting atoms but that's just me....:laughing: :laughing: