PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else use Undercarriage Spray?

Pages : [1] 2

Old Tiger
02-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I use the Griots product and love it! I put a gallon of it in a garden sprayer and spray it in my wheel wells after cleaning them with an APC also sprayed on with a garden sprayer. This stuff is great! Just spray and walk away. Leaves a nice black sheen that lasts a while. I dont knoe why DP doesnt make one.

Lasthope05
02-19-2010, 08:57 PM
If you like the Griots give Megs ASD(All Season Dressing) a try. Pretty much works the same and is much cheaper.

Old Tiger
02-19-2010, 09:04 PM
If you like the Griots give Megs ASD(All Season Dressing) a try. Pretty much works the same and is much cheaper.

Thanks much! Does it come in a gallon size? I would also be interested in Hyper-Dressing. I suppose ASD is longer Lasting.

Bunky
02-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Is there any appearance or application difference?

richy
02-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I use Adams (the only product of theirs I use) and I love it. I got a gallon of it when it was on sale. It just seems to be the crowning glory on a job. Having dirty wheel wells is like having a zit on a supermodel, LOL.

autodromo
02-19-2010, 09:29 PM
i have not used the Griot's but i have just started using chemical guys "bare bones" and so far it works grate

Lasthope05
02-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks much! Does it come in a gallon size? I would also be interested in Hyper-Dressing. I suppose ASD is longer Lasting.

Yes, ASD only comes in 1 gal and bigger. If your looking for something smaller AutoDetailingSolutions offers samples. Hyperdressing is a good product and I use it mainly for engines and tires but its not very durable exterior wise.

Is there any appearance or application difference?

They both apply the same and look the same. So to me, its a no brainer to go with the cheaper.

ScottB
02-19-2010, 11:03 PM
I use Adams (the only product of theirs I use) and I love it. I got a gallon of it when it was on sale. It just seems to be the crowning glory on a job. Having dirty wheel wells is like having a zit on a supermodel, LOL.

Have you used the Griots version ??? CG version ??? Wondering if there is a decernable difference in each and pros/cons on each. Any insight is appreciated.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Have you used the Griots version ??? CG version ??? Wondering if there is a decernable difference in each and pros/cons on each. Any insight is appreciated.

The Adams and Griots seem exactly the same to me if that helps you Scott.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-19-2010, 11:21 PM
FWIW, someone once posted that the Griot's seemed more oily than Adam's.

Matt
02-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Well I'm about to use one, as soon as my order arrives. Sorry Autogeek but I bought the CG Bare Bones spray for my wheel wells. FWIW the customer service has been terrible so far and it has only made me applicate AG even more! (although this was their local site not the American site, but it was half the price).

07 z-oh-6: I've also *heard* that the Griots is very oily and will attract dirt if it isn't left to dry FULLY overnight before driving.

I too would love a review between those 3 undercarriage dressings, for wheel wells and the actual undercarriage (I guess that sort of work is more rare).

JohnHenry
02-20-2010, 08:10 AM

I agree 100%. Nothing in the whole Meg's Detailer line has let me down yet. And with the recommended dilution rates, they're a bargain.

ScottB
02-20-2010, 08:37 AM
FWIW, someone once posted that the Griot's seemed more oily than Adam's.

I can tell you its darn slippery if you get some on your hands or bottle while using. I figured it might be an ingredient like silicone used in makeup ?? I just wonder if there is a big difference between them all, as the bigger bottle Griots affords is nice in less refills and often a similar price value.

Bunky
02-20-2010, 08:53 AM
I have used Adam's and CG. They have a totally different smell but seem similar enough. I prefer the CG smell but I wonder if they were will be any samples of Griot's at Detail Fest.

It would nice to have a tester samples where you can use use various products. Meg's ASD seems nice but want to evaluate a sample first too.

Old Tiger
02-20-2010, 09:31 AM
I agree 100%. Nothing in the whole Meg's Detailer line has let me down yet. And with the recommended dilution rates, they're a bargain.
I dont think that ASD should be diluted. At least they dont mention it on AG's product page.

BTW, KillWheels ask Max to develop a DP UC spray please.