PDA

View Full Version : where are my waterspots?

Kelso
10-14-2006, 10:13 PM
tomorrow im going to try and take pictures of my windows because i am just in complete shock. i just got my edge pads a few weeks ago and tonight i looked at my heavily waterspotted windows, then looked at the yellow cutting pad and started to wonder. so i grabbed my small sample bottle of mothers carnauba cleaner wax and put the 3 together. WOW. the waterspots which have plagued me since i baught the car are FINALLY off my windows!!! im just so happy...ok back to working on the rest of it!

ScottB
10-14-2006, 10:14 PM
You might find some streaking at the next heavy rain from the carnuaba ... next time just use a fine polish, tooth paste, or glass polish.

supercharged
10-14-2006, 10:33 PM
You might find some streaking at the next heavy rain from the carnuaba ... next time just use a fine polish, tooth paste, or glass polish.
Tooth paste?

Kelso
10-14-2006, 11:16 PM
i didnt leave the carnauba, i finished with stoners IG to get the wax off, i really didnt expect these results. i had previously tried some glass polish, i think DP with the orange LC pad and it did absolutely nothing. i think it was this yellow pad that made the difference

Surfer
10-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Try AIO, won't streak like a wax and even better cleaning ability then a cleaner wax. Plus it leaves the acrylic coating that beads like hell. Water just sheets right off when driving. Did mine back in April and still works great. I've also used DP Glass Restorer and it did nothing.

ScottB
10-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Tooth paste?

ancient chinese secret ... it was a common offering of household goods. Very fine polish works well on glass.

Might leave a minty fresh scent also :p

FloridaNative
10-15-2006, 04:15 PM
ancient chinese secret ... it was a common offering of household goods. Very fine polish works well on glass.

LOL Okay, question is now which kind of toothpaste?? The gels, the ones with baking soda, the whitening ones? I wonder if you used Close UP if you would find people kissing your windshield when you came out to your car?? :p

bonsaiguitar
10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
tomorrow im going to try and take pictures of my windows because i am just in complete shock. i just got my edge pads a few weeks ago and tonight i looked at my heavily waterspotted windows, then looked at the yellow cutting pad and started to wonder. so i grabbed my small sample bottle of mothers carnauba cleaner wax and put the 3 together. WOW. the waterspots which have plagued me since i baught the car are FINALLY off my windows!!! im just so happy...ok back to working on the rest of it!

Anybody else have ideas on this? I'm thinking yellow pad with a mild polish or swirl remover and some Klasse all-in-one. I've had water spots for at least two years.

supercharged
10-24-2006, 08:40 PM

Which one then?:p

bonsaiguitar
10-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Ideas on removing water spots. Seems to be a problem for many.