PDA

View Full Version : Help for a rubber cleaner

DOlmsted
02-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Hey Gang,
One of my contracts is the ambulance company I work for in my other job. I do an ambulance a month for them. The two newest ambulances have a grey rubber diamond plate flooring. the stretchers make aweful black marks caused by their wheels. I have tried numerous cleaners to get the flooring clean and nothing gets them clean to my standards. someone give me some ideas of what to use to get these black marks up...Please

~Dave

02blackout
02-18-2010, 02:09 AM
So is the flooring rubber with the little raised diamonds like those on the real diamond plating? Picture?

I'd try some APC, let it sit, then scrub it with a bug/tar remover.

BobbyG
02-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Hey Gang,
One of my contracts is the ambulance company I work for in my other job. I do an ambulance a month for them. The two newest ambulances have a grey rubber diamond plate flooring. the stretchers make aweful black marks caused by their wheels. I have tried numerous cleaners to get the flooring clean and nothing gets them clean to my standards. someone give me some ideas of what to use to get these black marks up...Please

~Dave

Dave,

You might want to try some paint thinner or enamel reducer. Put some on a rag and scrub the area.

Mister B
02-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Meguiar's #39 Vinyl and Rubber cleaner is a really good cleaner also, but I can not find it on AutoGeek's site.

DOlmsted
02-18-2010, 11:28 AM
So is the flooring rubber with the little raised diamonds like those on the real diamond plating? Picture?

I'd try some APC, let it sit, then scrub it with a bug/tar remover.

thats exactly it I will try to get some pics today when I'm at work its a great flooring for grip and ease of cleaning (if you aren't detailing it) you can take a hose and rinse the back of the vehicle out. I have all of the above I will try a test spot :thankyousign:

Kurt_s
02-18-2010, 11:59 AM
This may seem way out there, but have you tried a water dampened Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?

You can't use it everywhere, but it removes scuff marks on flooring. Cheap, no chemicals and you can get it at the grocery store. If it works, you should know within 30 seconds.

I would not use it on finished automotive paint, but glass should be ok.

ScottB
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Might the Griots Rubber Care help too ???