PDA

View Full Version : Clearkote products? You decide...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Matt
04-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Max has decided to bring in two new lines very soon, and we are considering Clearkote products.

What we want to know is,

1. Do you want Autogeek to carry Clearkote?

and

2. What size do you prefer? 16oz or 32oz bottles?

Miami_Sunset
04-05-2006, 11:22 AM
The reason why i did not sometimes order from autogeek was becasue you had no clearkote prodcuts. Not this will all change. I would love to see AG carry clearkote products by the gallon, 16oz, 32oz :cool:

Max you need Clearkote Products :eek:

SVTContour
04-05-2006, 11:23 AM
I have never used Clearkote, what can you guys tell me about them?

dennish
04-05-2006, 12:23 PM
I would like to see the smaller sizes but I'm a hobby guy, I'm sure the pros would like the larger sizes.

SVTContour

If you are a Carnauba user you will love the Vanillia and Red Moose. Red Moose will darken you paint (really great on black) and add both depth and wettness when used Souverian. Plus it will cover swirls and make the paint look near perfect and will extend the time between abrasive polishing saving clear coat. If you are a sealant users it just hinders bonding!!

Neothin
04-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Quikshine is one of the best QD's I've used.
RMG is a great glaze that covers light defects and gives the paint a really deep wet look.
VM is a nice light polish that includes some glazing abilitys.
CMW gives a nice deep wet look to those darker colors.

All of these are awesome products, start carrying them!

oh, and I prefer 32oz sizes (gallon for the QD though, besides, it comes as a concentrate anyways).

ScottB
04-05-2006, 04:13 PM
I agree !!

This is one line that we would be hard pressed to miss carrying. The Quikshine is the star, but the polishes(glazes) are great also. Dont know how well the wax will sell against so many fierce competitors however.

Where did Four Starr products go ????????????????

joe.p
04-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Where did Four Starr products go ????????????????
this seems to be a question on another forum as well. it is not listed on Dwayne site either ,so does anyone know the answer to the $64,000 question?

SVTContour
04-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Autogeek probably scrapped in favor of two new brands, Clearkote looks like it will be one of the new brands

Mr. Clean
04-05-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm probably in the minority here, but the CK products I've purchased (VM and QS) have been considerable underacheivers for me. The problem might be that my expectations were set high based on the hype that finds its way to these forums. They are OK, and VM is certainly easy to use, but in no way does either provide performance that cannot be matched or even exceeded. I have not tried RMG and may try it and I've read where VM's abrasive level has been stepped up so I might give that product another try.

SpoiledMan
04-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Quick Shine, Carnauba Moose Wax, Red Moose Machine Glaze and Vanilla Moose!

SVTContour
04-05-2006, 06:20 PM
I have heard from quite a few people as well as on forums that Quik Shine is suppose to be an excellend QD. What can you guys tell me about it?

Neothin
04-06-2006, 10:57 PM
The only time that I really QD the car anymore is right after a wash to get litle waterspots up. In this role, QS does extremely well. it has enough cleaners to clear up the spots. QS at the same time also has enough glossing agents to give the paint that "wow" factor. Granted this doesnt last all that long, but it really does give the paint a nice look for that short period of time.

ScottB
04-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Quickshine "was" a unique QD. It clearly added gloss, needed no buffing, and never seemed to streak even on black. Great product to use over any sealant. It worked equally well on a damp car to help lubricate the finish while drying and still adding gloss. FK 425 seems very similar to me thus "was" was used above. I cannot wait to try them back to back.

dennish
04-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Can anyone comment on these claims off this website http://www.clearkote.com/products.htm
======================================
CARNAUBA WAX
Paint will have a richer, darker wet look

Use on paint, glass, rubber, chrome and plastic.
No white powder residue.
You can expect six months protection.
Between wax applications maintain the luster with Quik Shine.
=====================================

The 6 months of protection is interesting and also the use on rubber. Sounds like this plus Quick Shine and Red Moose might be a killer combo.

ScottB
04-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Red Moose Glaze (and the original Vanilla Moose) have an awesome reputation as a polish with some fillers. I never personally thought the carnuba was that great (who would after being spoiled w/ Pinnacle) but its not all that bad. The QS was my go-to on sealants specifically as it adds much needed gloss. With carnubas I was happy, but more anamored with Crystal Mist. After trying Fk 425 recently, and going back to QS, I really gotta say both are great and seem to be very similar in outcome but 425 beads better. Qs works well on Klasse Twins, Wolfgang, UPP and several other sealants like Z.