PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun over 2 bucket method?

Pages : [1] 2

Rydis
02-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Any really disadvantage to using the foam gun as a wash method then the two bucket method? I would still have a rinse bucket, but I would use the soap from the foam gun to use as the wash. I was thinking this because I seem to waste alot of product between the bucket and the gun and unused soap can be kept in the container since it has a lid. This seem like a bad idea? Anything obvious I might be missing?

mchess1
02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I actually still use 2 buckets of clean water with grit guards while using my Foam Gun.

First one rinses the soap and dirt off, second one stays cleaner and gets the remainder of the dirt off.

dood786
02-16-2010, 05:22 PM
A good buddy of mines will first use foam gun, rinse, then 2 bucket method

It may seem like duplication but it makes the hand wash easier

Rydis
02-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I mean I am going to hand wash. What im saying is..foam the car like normal..then break out the mid..get it wet..foam the car again and use the foam as the soap (same soap thats in the bucket), rinse in the dirty/grit bucket then repeat. Im just using the gun instead of a bucket.

08 300C
02-16-2010, 06:13 PM
I use the Foam Gun to prewash or loosen up the surface grit, then i use the two bucket method. I wouldnt see an issue with using the foam gun insted of the wash bucket as long as you keep using a rinse bucket with the grit guard but I use two grit guards so you'd be missing one chance at removing anything left in the mit.

burgmo3
02-16-2010, 07:51 PM
I use the same procedure, I know its not necassary but it gives me peace of mind.

Laura
02-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I mean I am going to hand wash. What im saying is..foam the car like normal..then break out the mid..get it wet..foam the car again and use the foam as the soap (same soap thats in the bucket), rinse in the dirty/grit bucket then repeat. Im just using the gun instead of a bucket.

This is pretty much what I do. I foam the car all over, foam my mitt, then foam the section I'm going to wipe. After each section, I disconnect the sprayer and spray off my mitt before rinsing in the bucket (with grit guard). Then I'll move to the next section, re-foam it, foam my mitt, wipe, spray off mitt, rinse in bucket. Not sure if I'm saving anything with this. It's just what I've settled into. I also add one cap of ONR to my 1/2 gallon foam mixture. It seems to make it even slicker which gives me more peace of mind.

ScottB
02-17-2010, 08:01 PM
I often use one rinse bucket and the foam gun. I presoak entire car first. I then dampen mitt with soap from gun and resoak panel. I wash, and then rinse mitt in bucket with clear water and grit guard. About the 1/2 way point I dump rinse water and refill.

Rydis
02-17-2010, 08:04 PM
yeah thats what I was planning. thanks!

hachacha08
02-17-2010, 08:23 PM
I often use one rinse bucket and the foam gun. I presoak entire car first. I then dampen mitt with soap from gun and resoak panel. I wash, and then rinse mitt in bucket with clear water and grit guard. About the 1/2 way point I dump rinse water and refill.
I do the same, but add about 1/2 oz. of car wash soap to my bucket

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Foam gun & 2 buckets > Foam gun instead of 2 buckets

Cruzscarwash
08-17-2016, 09:09 AM
so how much time does this take for say a double cab truck compared to a waterless wash? im thinking of going this route and using an air dryer to help save time on details

Jeremy1976
08-17-2016, 10:31 AM
I power wash every vehicle to get the majority of dirt and grime off. Then foam gun and 2 bucket. I like the foam gun in conjunction with 2 bucket for the lubricity. The wash mitt just glides across like glass. Less chance of jacking up your paint.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
08-17-2016, 10:39 AM
so how much time does this take for say a double cab truck compared to a waterless wash? im thinking of going this route and using an air dryer to help save time on details

Are you really using waterless? I'm not a fan of waterless, but I can't imagine the scenario where a foam gun and an air dryer is going to save time vs. rinseless (or I guess waterless). You're still going to need to towel dry to prevent water spots, unless perhaps if you were going to polish right after.

Cruzscarwash
08-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Are you really using waterless? I'm not a fan of waterless, but I can't imagine the scenario where a foam gun and an air dryer is going to save time vs. rinseless (or I guess waterless). You're still going to need to towel dry to prevent water spots, unless perhaps if you were going to polish right after.

if the car just needs a wipe down I will, if I can feel dirt and grim on the paint I will go with the 2BM. the waterless is real quick though so just seeing time difference in that to the what I would do is a rinse, foam, one bucket for rinse, then spray off and then turbo air dry. just trying to get time frams on average if I can to see what would be faster or if I should generally stick to the 2BM overall for washes