PDA

View Full Version : What are some of the services you guy's up sell?

Pages : [1] 2

tuscarora dave
02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
I was attempting to re structure my thinking as a detailer and how I sell my services and was thinking of some additional services that I could up sell above and beyond the regular detail. so far I came up with this short list.

Tuscarora Dave’s Mobile Auto Detailing also offers an additional list of services including but not limited to, leather conditioning, odor removal, engine bay detailing, aluminum polishing(wheels, toolboxes etc.), brass polishing,

Please if you will list some of the things that you detailers here at AG. would consider as an up sell. I am looking for both detailing related services and also services to be considered outside the box such as power washing or whatever else one could make money doing. Thanks in advance to all who reply creatively. TD

Shade Tree
02-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Monthly maintenance packages

Engine detailing

Shane731
02-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Headlight restoration, undercarriage cleaning/detailing, carnauba wax applied by hand (literally by hand - not saying I would want a wax applied that way, because I believe a foam applicator makes more sense, but some people might think it's cool to have a wax applied by hand)

Irish
02-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Headlight restoration, carbon-vinyl wrapping, and wheel painting are some of the things I've done for various clients.

Spotlight on carbon-vinyl wrapping. Done right it looks great. All you really need is a exacto knife, squeegie, and a heatgun.

WindyCity
02-15-2010, 10:16 AM
I am curious about your leather conditioning service? Would this be on top of an interior detail? I would think that would be included with any sort of interior detail? If not I dont think people will pay to have leather conditioning without an interior detail and IMO I think leather protection/conditioning should be included with interior service.

dublifecrisis
02-15-2010, 11:48 AM
headlights for sure! I've been practicing it more and more and it would seem to be one of the easier options to sell. It makes a significant improvement in the overall look and it doesn't take long to do, doesn't require expensive equipment etc...

Matt S.
02-15-2010, 12:37 PM
I think the biggest thing is explaining the process of full paint correction to your average customer who just wants a wash/wax. Most have no idea what swirls are, or think they're "normal" until you educate them.

tcollins33
02-15-2010, 01:05 PM
I think the biggest thing is explaining the process of full paint correction to your average customer who just wants a wash/wax. Most have no idea what swirls are, or think they're "normal" until you educate them.

A huge point. Most people *see* their cars - they don't actually *look* at their cars. This is where educating them a bit and doing a small test patch can work wonders.

I list certain things as ala carte on my pricelist:

Engine Cleaning
Headlight Restoration
Wheel Wax

Showroom Shine
02-17-2010, 01:28 PM
headlights for sure! I've been practicing it more and more and it would seem to be one of the easier options to sell. It makes a significant improvement in the overall look and it doesn't take long to do, doesn't require expensive equipment etc...
:props: I have to agree. Headlight Restoration is a good addition to your detail packages. I offer that,odor removal, cloth and leather repair. The later is intense.Matching colors and good repair work takes practice. You get better with each job. I took the training at Detail King.

mikep288
02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Caliper painting could be another service to offer. More aimed towards the enthusiasts, but really completes the look on most cars.

rwright
02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Subscribed:props:

cnfowler
02-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I believe an up-sale service should be something that can easily and quickly be completed for a high return on investment. Polishing out aluminum toolboxes, painting wheels, etc wouldn't be considered an up-sale item, IMO; those are just additional services you provide. Headlight correction, dusty engine bay cleaning, upgrading from wax to sealant, etc. Those are what I consider an up-sale item. The are easy, quickly completed, and have a high return on investment.

Colin

Gearhead
10-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Has anybody ever tried up selling services like air and cabin filter replacement or wiper blades. I am very good with mechanics and that stuff is super easy but most people won't do it themselves. Just an idea.

miad
10-02-2014, 11:08 AM
certainly headlight restoration, scratch removal, wet sanding, paint touch-up, undercoating, light paintwork, trim restoration.

expdetailing
10-02-2014, 11:28 AM
You could upsell from dressings to sealants/coatings. For example, Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant smokes every dressing that I have, and I have very good dressings. A little goes a very long way, so it is more cost efficient despite the initial price/investment. Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is another one too. I've used it. Again, a little goes a long way, and lasts 10X what any dressing will do.