PDA

View Full Version : Forever black tire dye: Need Feedback

richy
02-14-2010, 11:22 AM
I saw this product and it looks interesting. Has anyone used it? I'm looking for honest feedback about this product. I am currently using the DP gloss tire gel and it's almost done. I like the shiny appearance of it but wished it lasted longer.

ScottB
02-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Its more matte than gloss in look IMO, wear gloves or you'll stain your fingers. I does last longer than any water based dressing that I have used.

trencher7
02-14-2010, 08:01 PM
I like it. I just placed it in my last order and used it last week. I have some faded black trim that the others only temporarily fixed. I won't know how long it lasts until later, but the fact it has black dye in it put's it over the others I have tried.

corolla619
02-14-2010, 11:25 PM
so you can use this on your tires basing off the title i assume? my question is, what about sling? if so, with it having black dye in the product, wouldn't you think that would be a massive nightmare if it did sling?

trencher7
02-14-2010, 11:40 PM
so you can use this on your tires basing off the title i assume? my question is, what about sling? if so, with it having black dye in the product, wouldn't you think that would be a massive nightmare if it did sling?

Sorry, I have the trim restorer and haven't used it on tires. Mine is a small bottle like a liquid shoe polish with foam applicator.

richy
02-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Your point on sling is valid. The instructions say to let it cure. In my case, the wheels and tires are always done on the 1st night and the car is completed on the 2nd day. It would have over 12 hours to cure.