PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Finish

Pages : [1] 2

nothelle
02-13-2010, 07:04 PM
How does one apply CG WMF? Does it work like LSP where you leave it to dry before removing? Or more like a polish...work it a little bit on a paint and remove it before it completely dry out.... Or is it like meguiars #7, where you wipe on wipe off like a lotion?

2011wahoo
02-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Chemical Guys? Do they make detailing products?

sullysdetailing
02-13-2010, 07:30 PM
What is Chemical Guys never heard of them. Please keep the forum questions related to AG products and products they carry

dlt21
02-13-2010, 07:35 PM
check chemical guys website for instructions

Lasthope05
02-13-2010, 07:38 PM
What is Chemical Guys never heard of them. Please keep the forum questions related to AG products and products they carry

AG doesnt condone talking about other products. They just dont allow people trying to push or advertise a product they dont carry. You havent been here long enough but AG has loosened up on this a lot. In the past you could never say the name chemical guys as its name was blocked on the forums as "##."

agpatel
02-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Apply it in a small area and work it in a bit til lit is almost gone then just wipe off all excess. Will give you a pretty darn good look, personally like ez-glaze better as it can be used under sealants also.

I thought you would of known about them Shawn, they are pretty well known in detailing circles. Thought as a AG tester you would test AG products vs. the competition (which they are deff one).

Rsurfer
02-13-2010, 08:35 PM
AG doesnt condone talking about other products. They just dont allow people trying to push or advertise a product they dont carry. You havent been here long enough but AG has loosened up on this a lot. In the past you could never say the name chemical guys as its name was blocked on the forums as "##."You can talk about other products, but no links. Not too cool to start a link however.:nomore::nomore:

Rsurfer
02-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Apply it in a small area and work it in a bit til lit is almost gone then just wipe off all excess. Will give you a pretty darn good look, personally like ez-glaze better as it can be used under sealants also.

I thought you would of known about them Shawn, they are pretty well known in detailing circles. Thought as a AG tester you would test AG products vs. the competition (which they are deff one).
I think Shawn is pulling your leg.

agpatel
02-13-2010, 08:39 PM
I think Shawn is pulling your leg.
:props: haha, I know.

If he didnt know them someone would have to pull his tester title...hahaha

rwright
02-13-2010, 09:14 PM
:props: haha, I know.

If he didnt know them someone would have to pull his tester title...hahaha

He tests for Auto Geek and they don't carry Chemical Guys products. So why should he lose his title?

agpatel
02-13-2010, 09:19 PM
He tests for Auto Geek and they don't carry Chemical Guys products. So why should he lose his title?

To fully test something it should be put against the competition and see how it stacks up against others. CG is a competitor, AG products should go against this and be tested against them. If they truly are good they will come out on top, if they do not work as well as others then back to the board to improve them. If you only testing out one line of products and that is it, it is not really testing but just using.

Go to any company and they always have competitors products in the shop to test against, beta testers are encouraged to put them against what they are currently using. It is the only way to improve on a line and give a true test/review of a product.

Like sufer said, he was just messing around saying he does not know CG. I was just going on this and messing around saying if he didnt they should pull the title as he is not testing the products like one should to give accurate reviews of them.

Rsurfer
02-13-2010, 09:33 PM
To fully test something it should be put against the competition and see how it stacks up against others. CG is a competitor, AG products should go against this and be tested against them. If they truly are good they will come out on top, if they do not work as well as others then back to the board to improve them. If you only testing out one line of products and that is it, it is not really testing but just using.

Go to any company and they always have competitors products in the shop to test against, beta testers are encouraged to put them against what they are currently using. It is the only way to improve on a line and give a true test/review of a product.

Like sufer said, he was just messing around saying he does not know CG. I was just going on this and messing around saying if he didnt they should pull the title as he is not testing the products like one should to give accurate reviews of them.
True, but AG is just a distributor and not a manufactor so it would hard to improve a product that they don't make.

rwright
02-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I understand your logic, but one can test products without comparison against other brands.

agpatel
02-13-2010, 09:40 PM
True, but AG is just a distributor and not a manufactor so it would hard to improve a product that they don't make.

They do own the PBMA line.

I understand your logic, but one can test products without comparison against other brands.

Would expect more from a "Official AG Tester" as in testing against others to see how it stacks up.

Not trying to take away from the thread or argue about it. Was just messing around and seems to of been taken bit too far. Sorry.

Back to the OP, wipe on, wipe off and you are good to go.

rwright
02-13-2010, 11:27 PM
It's all good with me bro! I was just making a simple statement, not trying to start anything either. :xyxthumbs: