PDA

View Full Version : Those who have *used* LC Hydro-Tech pads....

WRAPT C5Z06
02-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Do you feel the Cyan cuts close to a yellow pad and finishes like an orange, and the tangerine cuts close to an orange and finishes like a white? Curious of opinions of others who have experience with these pads. Rotary or DA?

O.C.Detailing
02-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes to both questions! The hydro-tech pads are pretty amazing. I can't wait to get the next car to test out the prototypes we got from Eric at Lake Country.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes to both questions! The hydro-tech pads are pretty amazing. I can't wait to get the next car to test out the prototypes we got from Eric at Lake Country.
I've used them too, they're great. I'd like to hear others opinions, too. Thanks. :xyxthumbs:

pokey
02-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I used the tangerine for the first time today (until my worst nightmare came true and broke the bolt off on my flex). I was totally amazed. I was struggling finding the right combo of product and pad for my Mits Eclipse Spyder. The tangerine with Wolfgang TSR left the paint amazing in my test area. Not a haze or hologram in sight. I don't feel the need for a second product even (will still finish with Menz 85 on a LC blue then a sealant).

WRAPT C5Z06
02-13-2010, 05:13 PM
I used the tangerine for the first time today (until my worst nightmare came true and broke the bolt off on my flex). I was totally amazed. I was struggling finding the right combo of product and pad for my Mits Eclipse Spyder. The tangerine with Wolfgang TSR left the paint amazing in my test area. Not a haze or hologram in sight. I don't feel the need for a second product even (will still finish with Menz 85 on a LC blue then a sealant).
How much pressure and what speed on the 3401 did you use with Tang/TSR?

pokey
02-13-2010, 05:20 PM
How much pressure and what speed on the 3401 did you use with Tang/TSR?

Spread with 3, worked in with 5, three passes with moderate pressure, finished with weight of flex only for a pass or two. Went very quick. I can't tell you how amazed I was. Honestly being a rookie, I've gotten frustrated lately not getting results like most, working on my technique, etc. This was the best I've felt using the polisher. I put it the Brinkman Xenon test and seriously couldn't identify a mark.

VR8
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you feel the Cyan cuts close to a yellow pad and finishes like an orange, and the tangerine cuts close to an orange and finishes like a white?

I think that's a pretty good description of how the two Hydro pads work. At least on my Flex.