PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Power Finish On Headlights

MobolWerks
02-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Mike,

Based on my understanding, the way to remove oxidation, dullness, etc. from headlights (headlight restoration) is to either wet sand it, or polish it with some sort of headlight restoration polish... With that said, can I just simply use a typical paint polish, like Power Finish or "Nano" or even Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover to restore headlights???

Followed by a sealant of course - and on that note, could I not just use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant???????

Feed back please

O.C.Detailing
02-12-2010, 09:41 PM
If the yellowing isn't too bad and if the outer coating of the headlight doesn't need to be completely removed (wet-sanded off), then you should be able to use a compound to remove the majority of the yellowing, but then follow it with a lighter polish. Using just a polish probably won't remove what you're looking to fix. I do a lot of headlights and find that sanding is actually the easiest and most effective route. Good luck.

zinc02gt
02-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes, you could, but I would rather use M105/205 and then seal them. After wetsanding you will need to compound them or at least use a wool pad.

MobolWerks
02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
So can a paint sealant be used to seal headlights???

O.C.Detailing
02-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes, we use Poorboy's EX-P Sealant all the time on the headlights we restore and so far not one has returned yellowed in over a year's time.

MobolWerks
02-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I would be very interested in hearing your abreviated version of headlight restoration..

i.e. 1) wet sand using XXX Grit Sandpaper
2) whatever step (2) is:)

O.C.Detailing
02-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Refer to this thread for my own personal approach to headlight restorations and the process. ;)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/23270-how-about-what-headlight-restoration-should-look-like.html

DARK HORSE
02-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Refer to this thread for my own personal approach to headlight restorations and the process. ;)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/23270-how-about-what-headlight-restoration-should-look-like.html

Very nice Adam, thank you for sharing.. (I actually studied it when you first posted it).