PDA

View Full Version : XMT polishes?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
02-12-2010, 01:54 PM
I already have enough strong cutting compounds. AG is offering 6 XMT 12oz. products for the price of 3(BOGO). I'm thinking about trying XMT #2, 3, and 4. Good stuff?

Mister B
02-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I personally have not tried any of those XMT products that you listed, however I have used the XMT 360 (http://www.autogeek.net/xmt-360.html) and XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/xmt-carnauba-finishing.html). Both products worked well and smelled great, but I really liked the XMT 360 (basically a cleaner wax) the best. I know you did not specifically ask about these 2 products, but I just thought I would offer my 2cents on them since it says you can choose any six XMT products. Good luck :xyxthumbs:

Mister B
02-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Whatever you do decide on ordering though, you might want to put your order in quick. I think Meghan said the BOGO's will be changing sometime this afternoon and you never know if those will still be listed on BOGO or not later.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Whatever you do decide on ordering though, you might want to put your order in quick. I think Meghan said the BOGO's will be changing sometime this afternoon and you never know if those will still be listed on BOGO or not later.
Thanks!!! :xyxthumbs:

I thought todays were the new BOGO's!

Mister B
02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I thought todays were the new BOGO's!

I'm not sure?

DonMTV
02-12-2010, 02:20 PM
As of 2:19pm EST the BOGO's are the same as they have been for the last two weeks.

Harleyguy
02-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I already have enough strong cutting compounds. AG is offering 6 XMT 12oz. products for the price of 3(BOGO). I'm thinking about trying XMT #2, 3, and 4. Good stuff?If you all ready own 105/205 Or Menz SIP your covered all the way around .You can always use 205 not really that heavy compund.I have the XMT didn't really impress me that well.But that's my opinion.

Focus2069
02-12-2010, 02:24 PM
nope they are the same, they change this afternoon though.

buy quick !

Im getting ANOTHER 6 bottles today...my first order was: 2 360's (1) swirl remover 1, (1) swirlremover 3, pad cleaner, and final touch stuff with my last order.

I use megs 105/205 for main swirl remover, but the 360 is great one step stuff for "express waxing" Im going to try the XMT swirlremover when the weather clears up.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-12-2010, 02:32 PM
If you all ready own 105/205 Or Menz SIP your covered all the way around .You can always use 205 not really that heavy compund.I have the XMT didn't really impress me that well.But that's my opinion.
Actually, I'm having a very hard time removing micr-marring from soft paints I've been dealing with using M205. I do have M105 for my strong cutting compound, but I don't have anything in the middle(SIP). So, I bought three 12 oz. XMT #3 which is the same cut as SIP, and three XMT#1 which is the same cut as 85rd. So now, Im covered all around!! M105, XMT#3, M205, XMT#1

:props::buffing:

WRAPT C5Z06
02-12-2010, 02:34 PM
I called AG a few minutes ago and they told me I had 15 mins to place the order. Made it!!! Im the MAN

christian900se
02-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I personally think that all the XMT polishes are bettered by Menzerna and Megs products. My first PC kit came with the XMT polishes and while they worked great and produced fantastic results, I will probably never use them again after gaining experience with Menzerna.

The rest of the XMT line is great though, I have pretty much all of it and none disappoint in the least. :)

WRAPT C5Z06
02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I personally think that all the XMT polishes are bettered by Menzerna and Megs products. My first PC kit came with the XMT polishes and while they worked great and produced fantastic results, I will probably never use them again after gaining experience with Menzerna.

The rest of the XMT line is great though, I have pretty much all of it and none disappoint in the least. :)
Since XMT is a diminishing abrasive like Menzerna, what makes Menzerna SIP better? They're both the same cut.

zinc02gt
02-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I actually like my Menzerna IP for softer paints. Seems to finish just right for a nice finishing polish.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Since XMT is a diminishing abrasive like Menzerna, what makes Menzerna SIP better? They're both the same cut.

It is about the type of abrasives and the oils that are used in the polish. You have the top polishes already, Menzerna and Megs, no need to for the XMT polishes, they are average at best. You just a little more practice to figure out the right combo for certain paints.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-12-2010, 06:13 PM
It is about the type of abrasives and the oils that are used in the polish. You have the top polishes already, Menzerna and Megs, no need to for the XMT polishes, they are average at best. You just a little more practice to figure out the right combo for certain paints.
:iagree:I canceled my order about right after I placed it. Only reason I considered XMT because it was on BOGO.