PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars M34 Final Inspection question...

WRAPT C5Z06
02-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Will this product work as good as an IPA wipe down as far as removing polishing oils?

agpatel
02-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Does not remove oils, but great to reveal alot of what work you have done. Think of it as a cheaper version of Menz spray but doe not remove as much of the oils as it does. Use it on all intermediate steps after i get my test spot done and use menz as a final wipe down.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Does not remove oils, but great to reveal alot of what work you have done. Think of it as a cheaper version of Menz spray but doe not remove as much of the oils as it does. Use it on all intermediate steps after i get my test spot done and use menz as a final wipe down.
So it's basically like using any other QD for removing polishing oils?

Mike Phillips
02-11-2010, 07:13 PM
It's body shop safe, so it won't interfere with surface adhesion in a fresh paint environment but it's still formulated to create a shiny and glossy finish.

Not sure creating a shiny and glossy finish are the kind of attributes needed for stripping and revealing imperfections.

Stick with IPA or MS

It will remove residues just like any quality spray detailer but it's not going to astringe the surface like a solvent or chemical stripper would.

:)

WRAPT C5Z06
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
It's body shop safe, so it won't interfere with surface adhesion in a fresh paint environment but it's still formulated to create a shiny and glossy finish.

Not sure creating a shiny and glossy finish are the kind of attributes needed for stripping and revealing imperfections.

Stick with IPA or MS

It will remove residues just like any quality spray detailer but it's not going to astringe the surface like a solvent or chemical stripper would.

MS?

Mike Phillips
02-11-2010, 07:16 PM
MS?

Mineral Spirits

:xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
02-11-2010, 08:34 PM

Stick with IPA or MS

Mineral Spirits

:xyxthumbs:
Mike,

I'm hi-jacking my own thread, so it's OK...haha.

Does ColorX contain abrasives? If so, SMAT or DAT?

Grizzly
02-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Mike,

I'm hi-jacking my own thread, so it's OK...haha.

Does ColorX contain abrasives? If so, SMAT or DAT?

DAT and chemical cleaners.

Mike Phillips
02-12-2010, 08:27 AM
DAT and chemical cleaners.

Correct. ColorX uses diminishing abrasives, chemical cleaners and a combination of natural and synthetic protection ingredients. If you look in the article below you'll see I placed it in the Hybrid Cleaner Waxes/Sealants category.

How To Choose The Right Wax or Paint Sealant for your Detailing Project (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-how-choose-right-wax-paint-sealant-your-detailing-project.html)