PDA

View Full Version : What To Use?

outlander
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
A co worker of mine wants me to detail her white BMW that she is going to trade in April. I never see it before but she claims that it was never waxed! I have a PC with various pads. The most aggressive product I have is Menzerna IP and the FP. I was going to clay it 1st then apply the Menzerna. Feed back please

AudiTTman
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Well being that its a white car, make sure you have ample lighting! The Menzerna SIP paired with an Orange LC pad will probably do the deed for you on the first pass of corrections. I usually step down to Menzerna 106ff with a white LC pad afterwords to get out any marring left behind from the SIP. Now this is not to say that all other pads are off limits( you can play around on a test section to see which combo works best with the cars paint). I'm taking this from a z3 mroadster i once did which was artic white lol, my eyes still hurt from starring at it lol.

As for the wax, I'm not 100% sure what would look the absolute best. But I know someone on here will definitely be able to help you pick one out!

Mike Phillips
02-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Since she's trading it in, just claying it and using a cleaner/wax will net her just as much trade-in value as claying it and doing a multiple step process.

Seriously, as long as the paint is smooth and shiny it's going to matter the same as if it were smooth and had a show car finish. Unless you're getting paid handsomely or you want some exercise, might as well use a one-step and then get the tires shiny black, vacuum and clean/dress the interior and windows and give it back to her.

:)

sullysdetailing
02-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Clay it and use XMT360 with Lake Country tnag Hydro Pad. Then make sure the interior is spot less.

POPPAJ
02-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Since she's trading it in, just claying it and using a cleaner/wax will net her just as much trade-in value as claying it and doing a multiple step process.

Seriously, as long as the paint is smooth and shiny it's going to matter the same as if it were smooth and had a show car finish. Unless you're getting paid handsomely or you want some exercise, might as well use a one-step and then get the tires shiny black, vacuum and clean/dress the interior and windows and give it back to her.

:)

:iagree:

Wax Gorilla
02-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Mike right. If it looks good that will suffice because the dealer will most likely wholesale it to an auction house.