PDA

View Full Version : Moving the rotary too fast? *Video*

WRAPT C5Z06
02-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Is this guy moving the polisher too fast?

- Paint restoration Ferrari 355 Spyder Extensive Scratch Removal.mp4

AeroCleanse
02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Looks fine to me.

jpegs13
02-09-2010, 10:35 PM
If you look at the beginning of the video it looks as if he's already done the paint correction ( look at the 0:25 mark, light looks clear as day). I believe he is now at the jewelling stage, so the speed is ok.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Looks too fast to me and also tilting the foam pad.

Shade Tree
02-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Looks too fast to me and also tilting the foam pad.

+1 .......... unsure how this guy could even work the product as fast as he was moving.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Is it possible to induce holograms even when finishing or jeweling?

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-10-2010, 02:17 AM

Sure..

Rsurfer
02-10-2010, 02:24 AM
Appears he was finishing up with a rotary and then went over with a pc to take out any halos.

sullysdetailing
02-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Ya but look how fast he is moving the PC. We all know to get any forum or correction with a DA is to move the machine slowly

DLB
02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
This is what concerns me more than anything...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/youtuberotaryguy.jpg

But perhaps he's moving fast enough to not cause any damage. :D

DLB

Mike Phillips
02-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Ya but look how fast he is moving the PC. We all know to get any forum or correction with a DA is to move the machine slowly

Correctamundo...

Even if he was applying a wax or paint sealant that's too fast to move the tool.

As for the rotary work, on the door it looked okay but hard to say without knowing what he was applying for a chemical and what he was trying to do.

That's where audio comes in handy. Same thing for when he was working on the hood with both the small foam pad and the larger foam pad. Looked like he was moving the pad kind of fast for some sections but we don't know what he was trying to accomplish. He was using what looked like a Meguiar's yellow foam polishing pad so under normal circumstances he would be using some type of medium to light abrasive polish to remove swirls. With foam buffing pads you want to try to hold the pad flat to the surface and there were times when the pad was on an edge.

After making a few videos now I don't want to play the part of a critic because it's harder than most people think, what you think you're doing and what the video reveals you to be doing can sometimes be two different things.

Hats off to him and anyone that makes their own video and posts it for the benefit of others.

:xyxthumbs:

AeroCleanse
02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
If you get the desired result without causing damage, who's to say if its too fast or too slow?

Mike Phillips
02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
If you get the desired result without causing damage, who's to say if its too fast or too slow?

I agree, most people that I know that are proficient with a rotary buffer have their own style and it can be different that someone else's style.

If in the end you're getting the results you're looking for then your style works for you.

:)