PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen or tried this wax before?

astrogus
02-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Found it at the local walmart in the clearance aisle for $2.99, i know its probably there for a reason lol. I just thought it looked pretty cool with the pump dispenser, and for the price why not add it to the collection. The wax itself is a liquid wax and is made in Germany, i dont plan on using it just thought it was different.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/astrogus/Picture027.jpg

Wax Gorilla
02-09-2010, 03:35 PM
They are best know for their scratch removal kit that has been around for a nuber of years - it was out before MEG's Scratch X. I am sure it can't hurt much. But this brings up a really good point. Okay it is $2.99 and comes with uncertainty and AG sell waxes that are $200 and have no uncertainty. You will Probably get 20 cars from a tub of Fusion with the Free refill. So you invest $10.00 an aplication. The real cost is in the Labor from washing, claying, correction and application of wax and LSP not to mention the cost of equipment and the knowledge you must have to make it all work. So in the end even the most expensive wax is a bargain and a very small percent of the overall job but.... It is what will protect all that work !

ScottB
02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
In general I dont personally favorite OTC store products since more money often goes into packaging and marketing versus actual product. I do remember this company offering a scratch removal kit, but the pic you provided looks more like a tube of chapstick.

RTexasF
02-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Use it and report on it. It could be one of the hidden jewels that are OTC.

Shane731
02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
About the only company who has OTC products that I can trust is Meguiar's. Other than that, I don't really use a whole lot of consumer products from other companies.

Grizzly
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM
About the only company who has OTC products that I can trust is Meguiar's. Other than that, I don't really use a whole lot of consumer products from other companies.

While I agree that Meguiars does make some very good products that are sold OTC, I really think Mothers is overlooked. Mothers makes some really great products that are just as good as Meguiars IMO. They also run a low traffic, but pretty decent forum.

CharlesW
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM
About the only company who has OTC products that I can trust is Meguiar's. Other than that, I don't really use a whole lot of consumer products from other companies.You don't trust products from Mother's?

I was going to mention 3M, but I guess that's kind of Meguiar's. :)

Shane731
02-09-2010, 11:18 PM
While I agree that Meguiars does make some very good products that are sold OTC, I really think Mothers is overlooked. Mothers makes some really great products that are just as good as Meguiars IMO. They also run a low traffic, but pretty decent forum.

I've tried a few products from Mother's, and had kind of a hit or miss experience with them. Some products were pretty good, others not so much. To me, there's more consistency with results from Meguiar's.

You don't trust products from Mother's?

I've only used a couple products from 3M, my only gripe with them is that you are so limited in selection. They have like one sealant, one carnauba wax, one tire shine, one wheel cleaner, etc. I like having options. And they are not very helpful when it comes to telling you what their products are for. Have you ever checked the backs of their products? There's directions for use and that's pretty much it. I don't like that. That, and 3M is very expensive as well.

Not knocking anybody, just sharing my experiences and two cents.

ScottB
02-10-2010, 07:54 AM
You don't trust products from Mother's?

I love Mothers products and my main choice at retail and suggestion to others. Showtime, Reflections Line, PowerCone, Powerball Mini, Billet Polish, Clay and more are all great products !!

DLB
02-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Billet Polish
:dblthumb2: Love this stuff!

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

DLB