PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal on Plastic Trim

christian900se
02-09-2010, 12:59 AM
I have a quick question for those of you who use OS on plastic trim: does it create a "dressed" look when applied? It looks appealing to me as a way to protect the trim, but it would be ideal if it improved the appearance of plastic in addition to protecting it.

Rsurfer
02-09-2010, 01:54 AM
I have a quick question for those of you who use OS on plastic trim: does it create a "dressed" look when applied? It looks appealing to me as a way to protect the trim, but it would be ideal if it improved the appearance of plastic in addition to protecting it.OS will not give you that dressed look. I've tried so many dressing and like Ultima Tire and Trim.

POPPAJ
02-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Agree with UT&T.

christian900se
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
OS will not give you that dressed look. I've tried so many dressing and like Ultima Tire and Trim.

You know what, I am going to try that stuff since you are always raving about it and you are yet to be wrong in my experience. Will let you know how I get on with it!

Rsurfer
02-09-2010, 02:31 PM
You know what, I am going to try that stuff since you are always raving about it and you are yet to be wrong in my experience. Will let you know how I get on with it!
Just tried it on my tires and looks great. A little goes a long way.

christian900se
02-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Just tried it on my tires and looks great. A little goes a long way.

So is it more of a sealant in terms of the way it behaves? I assume then that preparing the trim is very important to the durability of the product. How long does it last for you?