PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice Supernatural Soap

agpatel
02-08-2010, 10:06 PM
What do people think of dodo juice SN shampoo? Thinking of using it to replace Opt Car Wash as it is alos a pure soap (no QD properties, dont like soaps that have wax, sealants, or any glossers...that is what a good QD is for)

Just want to hear peoples opinion on it and experiences, thanks!

loudog2
02-08-2010, 10:13 PM
It is a slight sudsy ONR wash. But it does rinse off good and is slick after(anti-static)

ScottB
02-09-2010, 07:16 PM
does it offer any quick wax or gloss additives in it, like Einszett Perls ??

loudog2
02-09-2010, 07:41 PM
No quick wax or gloss. It is very wax friendly and makes drying easier from the rinse agents in it. It also has great lubrication. I would not use it on a dirty car, more of a garage queen maintenance shampoo.

agpatel
02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
No quick wax or gloss. It is very wax friendly and makes drying easier from the rinse agents in it. It also has great lubrication. I would not use it on a dirty car, more of a garage queen maintenance shampoo.

Not use it on a dirty car because of cleaning ability or something else?

loudog2
02-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Not use it on a dirty car because of cleaning ability or something else?
It is really not too sudsy. You have to put twice as much to get suds. At recommended dosing, it feels like ONR with a small amount of suds. Maybe it's just me. Just like how I would go to a coin spray wash before I ONR in the winter. Hey, you might like it. At least it's a small bottle to try.

agpatel
02-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks, I think I will get a sample from the UK with a few other things to try it out...

rwright
02-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I honestly didn't like it. So if you're not looking for something with wax or gloss enhancers, this may be the ticket for you. If you want, I can send you some of mine to try out. Just let me know.

AeroCleanse
02-09-2010, 08:43 PM
It is really not too sudsy. You have to put twice as much to get suds. At recommended dosing, it feels like ONR with a small amount of suds. Maybe it's just me. Just like how I would go to a coin spray wash before I ONR in the winter. Hey, you might like it. At least it's a small bottle to try.

Suds, whats the big deal? ONR doesn't have suds and is fantastic at cleaning.

ScottB
02-09-2010, 10:24 PM

interesting ... do you think its relatively considered a light wash since their line is carnauba and designed not to strip it ?? Do the rinse agents bead or sheet ??

agpatel
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
interesting ... do you think its relatively considered a light wash since their line is carnauba and designed not to strip it ?? Do the rinse agents bead or sheet ??

From vids i have seen it is sheeting action, even more so when using ope hose method.

ScottB
02-09-2010, 10:31 PM
From vids i have seen it is sheeting action, even more so when using ope hose method.

I kinda figured, if memory serves well they also offer a drying product that warns it sheets versus beads and said to help with drying car without spots. Its likely included in this wash in some form.

agpatel
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM
I kinda figured, if memory serves well they also offer a drying product that warns it sheets versus beads and said to help with drying car without spots. Its likely included in this wash in some form.

that purple liquid spray thing, time to dry or something? Hear some people didnt like it because it killed the beading properties and made them flat and not so high and plump. Hmmm, this has me thinking of SN soap doing this....do love the beading of my SV Insignis.

Shane731
02-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I prefer lots of sudsies. :hungry:

loudog2
02-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Suds, whats the big deal? ONR doesn't have suds and is fantastic at cleaning.
Like I stated in my quote, maybe it's just me. It is a great maintenance wash, and very light on a LSP. But when I see it named "shampoo" I expect suds. ONR works great also, but if severly dirty, I take it to a coin wash first. Supernatural shampoo sheets water great, making drying easy.