PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgant Paint Sealant, Fuzion, and Megs UQW

mcpp66
02-08-2010, 06:52 PM
I have Wolfgant DGPS, Fuzion, and Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax. When I take me car out for the spring I'm going to wash, clay, jewel, and seal the car with two coats DGPS followed with a coat of Fuzion. Since I'll probably be washing the car no less than once every two weeks I'm probably not going to want to put a coat of wax on it each time. Is it safe to use Megs UQW over top of Fuzion and DGPS?

Grizzly
02-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I dont think anything bad will happen, sounds safe. Not sure how much Fuzion or DGPS will remian on the surface over the course of multiple UQW applications.

mcpp66
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I dont think anything bad will happen, sounds safe. Not sure how much Fuzion or DGPS will remian on the surface over the course of multiple UQW applications.

That's what I'm worried about. I may want to "gloss" up my car a little but not spend a whole bunch of time applying a regular wax. That's why I thought UQW would be good to use.

Grizzly
02-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Maybe substitute UQW for Wolfgangs Spray Wax.

mcpp66
02-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Maybe substitute UQW for Wolfgangs Spray Wax.

Yeah, I just hate to do that because I already have two unused bottles of Megs UQW.

Matt S.
02-08-2010, 09:09 PM
UQW won't harm anything since Fuzion is a hybrid and does contain carnauba. I would switch over to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant when the UQW is used up - you'll get better results and better overall durability.

rwright
02-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I just hate to do that because I already have two unused bottles of Megs UQW.

Then trade me the two unused UQW for a new bottle of WG Spritz Sealant. :xyxthumbs:

Shane731
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
UQW won't harm anything since Fuzion is a hybrid and does contain carnauba. I would switch over to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant when the UQW is used up - you'll get better results and better overall durability.

Are you comparing UQW to Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant or are you simply saying that you will get better results by staying within product lines? I have UQW and love it. I don't see how a spray wax can get much better. Although I can see where there might be some issues using a product from one line in conjunction with a product from another line.

Although, if you were using WDGPS with Souveran as a topper, what QD or spray wax/sealant would be your best bet? I've heard that Optimum Instant Detailer and FK 425 are very versatile when it comes to using them with other product lines. Comments on this?

Grizzly
02-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Are you comparing UQW to Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant or are you simply saying that you will get better results by staying within product lines? I have UQW and love it. I don't see how a spray wax can get much better. Although I can see where there might be some issues using a product from one line in conjunction with a product from another line.

They are not comparing the two products. The OP is concerned about the effect UQW will have on Fuzion and DGPS. Wolfgang Spray Sealant was suggested since that way he can stay in the Wolfgang line of products.

Shane731
02-08-2010, 09:49 PM
They are not comparing the two products. The OP is concerned about the effect UQW will have on Fuzion and DGPS. Wolfgang Spray Sealant was suggested since that way he can stay in the Wolfgang line of products.

OK. Gotcha. :xyxthumbs:

Wax Gorilla
02-08-2010, 09:51 PM
yes Meg UQW or Griots Spray Speed Wax are both great choices I go over FUSION with them on a regular basis!

Shane731
02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
While we're on the topic, and since Wolfgang and Pinnacle came up, are the products from Pinnacle and Wolfgang compatible with each other? For example, can you use Crystal Mist over Fuzion or Deep Gloss Spray Sealant over SSII?

A4 1.8tqm
02-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Although, if you were using WDGPS with Souveran as a topper, what QD or spray wax/sealant would be your best bet? I've heard that Optimum Instant Detailer and FK 425 are very versatile when it comes to using them with other product lines. Comments on this?

I've used FK 425 over Max Wax and Souveran with great results. It never felt "incompatible", I guess I wasn't really testing though. I just love using FK425 regardless of whats underneath. Surely I'll be applying it over my WG DGPS and Fuzion in the coming months :xyxthumbs:

While we're on the topic, and since Wolfgang and Pinnacle came up, are the products from Pinnacle and Wolfgang compatible with each other? For example, can you use Crystal Mist over Fuzion or Deep Gloss Spray Sealant over SSII?

I kind of assume compatibility between those lines... both being PBMA products. Like they compete against themselves, as a team. :dunno: