PDA

View Full Version : need a shampoo recommendation

Pages : [1] 2

Shane731
02-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I'm trying to decide between Poorboy's Super Slick and Suds Concentrated Car Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/pbss32.html) and DP Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun-soap.html). For those of you who have used both (or one, but preferably both), which one do you think is better? Looking at lubricity, gloss enhancers, suds, cleaning action, that sort of thing. Thanks!

jpegs13
02-08-2010, 05:50 AM
I have the DP, suds great

Grizzly
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Go with the DP.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
DP Xtreme foam is specifically formulated for a foam gun, although you can use it in a bucket. If you don't have a foam gun, PB's is an awesome car wash soap!!

Wax Gorilla
02-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Go with Megs Goldclass I believe it is an excellent high quality wash and use it almost 100% of the time in both foamers and buckets ! The wetting agent and suds duration along with PH balance is almost unmatched out there! My two cents!

WRAPT C5Z06
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Go with Megs Goldclass I believe it is an excellent high quality wash and use it almost 100% of the time in both foamers and buckets ! The wetting agent and suds duration along with PH balance is almost unmatched out there! My two cents!
True! I've used this too, and it's only $6 at target!

ScottB
02-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I am throwing Optimum in just to make the decision harder, smiles.

Jenn1270
03-10-2010, 10:55 PM

My walmart didn't have it the other day. They had the megs crystal wash but no Gold Class. I think I did see some at the autozone though. Is Walmart not carrying it any more and just the wash and wax?

I have a new foam gun coming and don't think the Megs Wash and Wax would work with it. I prefer OTC but if DP super foam or PB is the way to go, I will get it.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I am throwing Optimum in just to make the decision harder, smiles.
Just received it. Can't wait to try it! :righton:

Shane731
03-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I have Wolfgang Auto Bathe, Optimum Car Wash, Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax, and some samples of Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo to try. Can't wait! :hungry:

kb2ehj
03-10-2010, 11:18 PM
My walmart didn't have it the other day. They had the megs crystal wash but no Gold Class. I think I did see some at the autozone though. Is Walmart not carrying it any more and just the wash and wax?

They have it, at my Walmart they had put it away from the 'new' stuff and it was on the bottom shelf.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-10-2010, 11:21 PM
I saw Gold Class at my local target for 6 bucks(64 oz.). Im the MAN

kb2ehj
03-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I'd go with Megs Goldclass also.

Does a great job, it's cheap & and you only need a tiny bit.

I purchased a 64oz bottle last summer, and have only used like maybe half the bottle. This is maintaining two cars.

rwright
03-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Hey Shane, you looking to trade some of that WG Auto Bathe? I was going to offer Meg's UW&W but I see that you have that now. Hmm....looking to try anything else?

Shane731
03-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Sorry, but I'm keeping my Auto Bathe. :laughing:

Some other shampoos on my list of things to try are: P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo, Poorboy's World Super Slick and Suds, DP Auto Bath, DP Xtreme Formula (in the foam gun - have to save up for that too, I guess), Meg's Hyper Wash, Meg's #62, and Four Star car wash. Right now, I have:

Meg's Deep Crystal car wash
Meg's NXT car wash
Meg's Gold Class car wash
Meg's Ultimate Wash and Wax
Meg's Shampoo Plus
3M car wash
Optimum Car Wash
Wolfgang Auto Bathe
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo (samples)

Let's see, is that it? Yeah, I think that's it. Let's face it, I don't have enough shampoo. :laughing: