PDA

View Full Version : Soap Question for power washer?

Pipelion
02-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Hello,

I just bought a Taskmaster 1850psi and wondered if I could put a car wash soap like Mcguires in it or other off the shelf car soaps?

Does anybody know?

Also what's a foam cannon do a power washer can't do, as far as spray a lot of suds?

Working at the car wash yeaa!!!

Since it's 20 degrees for at least two months, there's no hurry , but I would like to be ready for a nice spring day.

Thanks,

Allan

oldmodman
02-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Using the pressure washer to suck up the soap and spray it using the pressure wand is almost worthless. It puts out little to no foam, just as it you mixed an oz. of soap in a five gallon bucket and poured it over the car. And it comes out at very low pressure.

The foam cannon produces so much foam you can't see the car. And it attaches to the end of the pressure washer hose at full pressure. It makes tiny amount of soap go a really long way.

Here's a video from YouTube showing a foam cannon

- Foam cannon in action 2

Pipelion
02-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Dang, another thing to buy. Those cannons sure look cool as they cover the car. Thanks oldmodman.

Untill I get a foam cannon, should I forget about using car soap in the power washer? Is it that bad?

Now, how about regular car wash soap in a P.W., does it work at all, or do I need a specific powerwasher soap?

Allan