PDA

View Full Version : Can I...

CharlieC
10-12-2006, 01:19 PM
put the DP Sealant on top of the XMT glaze? Just got a PC and am working on my truck for the 1st time. Using XMT 2 & XMT 1 polish and will top with Max Wax.

Thanks.

redg35
10-12-2006, 02:08 PM
put the DP Sealant on top of the XMT glaze? Just got a PC and am working on my truck for the 1st time. Using XMT 2 & XMT 1 polish and will top with Max Wax.

Thanks.xmt glaze has nuba in it and it wont let the sealer bond i believe.

Excessive Detail
10-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Redg35 is right, put the sealant on first then you can put the xmt glaze on top and put
max wax over that.

ScottB
10-12-2006, 02:59 PM
actually no to that also ED .... XMT has some light fillers and might remove the sealant. I would use the sealant then the wax, no glaze in this design.

Excessive Detail
10-12-2006, 03:22 PM
actually no to that also ED .... XMT has some light fillers and might remove the sealant. I would use the sealant then the wax, no glaze in this design.
Oh, I figured that xmt glaze was a pure glaze, didn't realize it had any cleaning aspects to it. My bad.

ScottB
10-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Oh, I figured that xmt glaze was a pure glaze, didn't realize it had any cleaning aspects to it. My bad.

that is the one issue with the industry in general. Not all terms are synonomous with their true makeup. I gotta read the ingredients or manufacturers directions also. A very well known sealant calls themselves a polish, and there is NOTHING abrasive in it. (well other than rubbing) Megs 7 is about the only true glaze I can think of currently.

BILL
10-12-2006, 06:41 PM
that is the one issue with the industry in general. Not all terms are synonomous with their true makeup. I gotta read the ingredients or manufacturers directions also. A very well known sealant calls themselves a polish, and there is NOTHING abrasive in it. (well other than rubbing) Megs 7 is about the only true glaze I can think of currently.

What about a true glaze as wolfgangs??? if it is:confused:

ScottB
10-12-2006, 06:55 PM
What about a true glaze as wolfgangs??? if it is:confused:

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a fine grade polish full of lubricating oils and mild diminishing abrasives. It smoothes and brightens the paint while eliminating any roughness that may have resulted from swirl removal. The oils “wet” the paint to achieve a deep, liquid gloss that exceeds the results of wax alone. Use Finishing Glaze prior to the application of a wax or sealant for a stunning, high gloss shine.

Excessive Detail
10-12-2006, 07:55 PM

Thats funny after you corrected me the first time I was thinking megs 7 was a true glaze, I like that stuff although i think it somewaht lacks in the shine area. I forget , but 7 is the show car glaze right, what about the othr one, new car glaze?