PDA

View Full Version : Polishing - Klasse AIO instead of finishing polish?

vegasdenali
02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm planning on detailing my truck soon. I was planning on the following steps:
1. clay bar
2. Pinnacle advanced swirl remover (my truck is black and there is a fair bit of swirls/light scratches)
3. Pinnacle finishing polish
4. Klasse AIO
5. Klasse High Gloss sealant/glaze
6. Pinnacle Souveran paste wax

My question is that it is not clear to me whether the Klasse AIO could replace the Pinnacle finishing polish or if I should still do both? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

A4 1.8tqm
02-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Try the Pinnacle FP, if that doesn't get you the results your looking for use the Pinnacle SMR followed by the FP. Then try the SMR followed by Klasse AIO and compare. Klasse AIO is not abrasive, though I have got good correction results on a test area, it is a chemical cleaner to prep the surface for the glaze, not a final polish.

I think your process looks good, don't short change yourself trying to cut corners. Do a couple test areas to "dial in" a successful process to repeat on the entire vehicle. And post up some before and after pics of your work. :dblthumb2:

sparkie
02-06-2010, 07:33 PM
It is up to you...Do some test spots and see if you get the look you want....I have used yellow pad XMT 3 and went to orange pad DG#501 and it look great....

Shade Tree
02-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Coming from dealing with black on just about a daily basis ........... you would do best to use the Menzerna Power Finish after the clay bar. Follow it up with the Menzerna P085RD polish and then seal/wax. You'll save yourself some polishing and the results will look like you added a step!

Kid you not, this product is the one product that I will never leave.

vegasdenali
02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the advice. Also, I used the Klasse High Gloss once before. I was pretty happy with the results but I'm also interested in trying another sealant/glaze that is easier to apply? Suggestions?

Shade Tree
02-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. Also, I used the Klasse High Gloss once before. I was pretty happy with the results but I'm also interested in trying another sealant/glaze that is easier to apply? Suggestions?

I also like the Klasse AIO & Glaze, but not so much if I'm really wanting to achieve a deep paint correction.

Menzerna also makes an AIO of sorts, but isn't advertised as such. Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60. It still supports a cutting effect much like the Klasse AIO, but leaves a deeper gloss to the finish. It also is made up of carnauba wax rather than the usual sealant. Follow up with the Menzerna Finishing glaze (PO 115C) and I'd say the results will surprise you!

Normally the Klasse is very easy to use unless the paint surface needed a deeper polishing or too much product was being applied during use. The Menzerna products break down gradually & are very easy to use with regard to application & removal.

vegasdenali
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
The main thing I thought made the application of Klasse HG a little harder was that you have to put sooo little on that it is difficult to know for sure that I had even coverage - really can't see it. If I did see it then I assumed I put on too much since it was harder to take off.

I'm thinking of trying your suggestion of the menzerna polishes. But I think I still want a true sealant so I don't think I'll try the menzerna sealing wax (its description sounds like it's more of a liquid carnauba wax than a true sealant?), especially since I'm still thinking I will layer my pinnacle souveran after the sealant. I might try the menzerna finishing glaze though. Any experience with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant?

So here's what I'm thinking of trying now:
1. clay bar
2. Menzerna power finish
3. Menzerna P085RD
4. Menzerna finishing glaze
5. Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant

Shade Tree
02-07-2010, 11:33 PM
The main thing I thought made the application of Klasse HG a little harder was that you have to put sooo little on that it is difficult to know for sure that I had even coverage - really can't see it. If I did see it then I assumed I put on too much since it was harder to take off.

I'm thinking of trying your suggestion of the menzerna polishes. But I think I still want a true sealant so I don't think I'll try the menzerna sealing wax (its description sounds like it's more of a liquid carnauba wax than a true sealant?), especially since I'm still thinking I will layer my pinnacle souveran after the sealant. I might try the menzerna finishing glaze though. Any experience with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant?

So here's what I'm thinking of trying now:
1. clay bar
2. Menzerna power finish
3. Menzerna P085RD
4. Menzerna finishing glaze
5. Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant

No experience with the Wolfgang polish. The Menzerna FMJ is pretty good, but not one of the longer lasting sealants on the market. Jetseal 109 is an excellent sealant as well. Yes to the first 3 you have listed, however I normally use Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 sealant after the PO85RD. Usually 2 coats & then whatever wax you prefer. The Jetseal 109 is an awesome product that I don't see mentioned very often here.

If you're going with a wax afterward then I suppose the Souveran would be a good choice. I haven't used it before mainly because I have several others that I am happy with.

By the way, after the 85RD polishing you most likely won't need to use a glaze if you're polishing with the foam. The Power Finish really is that good that it polishes evenly when using the foam. The 85RD will remove any marring from the initial polish and leave a clean surface for the sealant and / or wax.

vegasdenali
02-08-2010, 10:21 PM
If you're going with a wax afterward then I suppose the Souveran would be a good choice. I haven't used it before mainly because I have several others that I am happy with
Yeah, I have used it a couple of other times. I haven't tried any other high-quality waxes but since I already have this and have been happy with the results, I'll stick to it for now.

...you most likely won't need to use a glaze if you're polishing with the foam.
I'm assuming you're talking about a DA polisher with a foam pad, right? Yes, I have a PC 7424 with a variety of pads

Shade Tree
02-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I have used it a couple of other times. I haven't tried any other high-quality waxes but since I already have this and have been happy with the results, I'll stick to it for now.

I'm assuming you're talking about a DA polisher with a foam pad, right? Yes, I have a PC 7424 with a variety of pads

Foam pad ........ yes sir.