PDA

View Full Version : Polish question..

Zatrekaz
02-06-2010, 10:33 AM
So about 2 months ago I did a complete polish on my car. First time ever, and I used the XMT line, Poorboy's Glaze/sealant/wax.

Well the car is a DD and due to the harsh weather around here and my cats (bein fixed this week as I finish the garage) walking on it, I have some new light scratchs/swirls.

I don't want to do a full detail again since its still winter, rather wait for spring. However I have a car show coming up on the 27th and would like to get some of them out.

My question is: do you think using XMT #2 and #1 on problem areas would be enough to get very light surface scratchs out?

I have some #3 left, a lot of #2, and some #1. If possible I want to do this without buying any new product. I only plan on doing about 3-4 body panels... so I should have enough product.

So, think I could get that accomplished with just XMT #2 and #1 followed by the Glaze, Sealant, and Wax?

Make it shine!
02-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Definetly #2 and or #1 should do the trick and you can just spot treat them for the show you have. But if you just want it to look good just for the show try using just the glaze (it might conseal the light scratches you have for the show) and then your not "wasting" the products you want to use when spring comes to do the whole car again.
Hope you can get the car looking good for your show!

Mike
M.R. Detail Shop
Babylon, NY

Zatrekaz
02-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the tip. I know it will not be perfect since I am only doing one or two products, then the glaze ect... just want a touch up from what the weather and the stupid cats have caused.