PDA

View Full Version : New Business Cards (3.5 by 2)

sullysdetailing
02-05-2010, 10:31 AM
What do you guys thing?

Front
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/Sullys%20Detailing/BusinessCardFront.jpg

Back
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/Sullys%20Detailing/CardBack.jpg

jlb85
02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Looks nice!

I like the contrast of yellow on black. The font is easy enough to read easily, and looks good. Its got all the right info.

:props:

What material are you printing them on?

O.C.Detailing
02-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Awesome card Sully. The ONLY thing I would suggest is having an emblem/insignia made for your business. It would tie in nicely with your business and allow you to use it as a brand recognition piece. The cards I had made actually came with a free insignia that I hadn't even asked for but couldn't do without at this point. It's awesome.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I've never been a fan of having images of cars on business cards..

I also agree with the above about getting a logo made

I would also loose the yellow stars

sullysdetailing
02-05-2010, 06:07 PM
I've never been a fan of having images of cars on business cards..

I also agree with the above about getting a logo made

I would also loose the yellow stars

What would you suggest?

Kris R
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
What would you suggest?

Being that I used to be a graphis prepress designer for a print company I would use a more modern font on your tag line and text. I could whip something up for you if you wanted. PM me. I DO like the front and back design....

If you like the car keep it....its your card.

DLB
02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I looked at using the word "Premiere" in my business name, but decided against it for one reason.

The definition of "Premier" (adjective) allows you the meaning of something being "the best" essentially.

However, when you add that extra "E" on the end, it is (by definition) limited to a first time showing of something, and it takes the form of a verb.

I know that is all just grammatical broohaha, but it could backfire on you trying to be different when you catch a client that says "This guy didn't proofread."

I agree on losing the stars. I would trade them off for a bulleted dot...such as • Cars •...
Very simple, but looks refined.

I also agree with those who said lose the car and use a logo.

DLB

02blackout
02-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I'd recommend having your Logo, Name, and Contact info on the front with the back side being a 50/50 shot of paint correction. Just to show them what you can do. The normal person things detailing is wash, wax, then your done ya know. Show them that you hardcore lol.

MDetail
02-06-2010, 12:32 AM
looks good, I just suggest that your email be shawn@sullysdetailing.com. It seems more personal so that they would be talking to you, and not your secretary.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-06-2010, 08:19 AM
What would you suggest?

Getting a nice logo made and ditching the car and yellow stars... This, of course, is all personal preference as there is no right/wrong

WindyCity
02-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Personally I am not a fan of the black background. I know nothing looks better than a detailed black car but for me I don't like black cards. Its too gloomy IMO. A personal logo would be nice as well but I do think your card is classy looking as it is now......without the stars. I do like your layout of your card it is clean looking with just enough info without being cluttered up.

Wolf-Strong
02-06-2010, 06:53 PM
I use to do graphic design, and if there is anything I learned from it, is that the simpler, the better.

Great job! Looks fantastic! :dblthumb2: