PDA

View Full Version : According to Lake Country...

WRAPT C5Z06
02-03-2010, 01:11 PM
The Cyan Hydro-Tech pads are *more* aggressive than LC Yellow pads! Most charts I've seen say the Cyan pads are less aggressive. The guy I spoke to at LC also said the Cyan pads finish much better than the yellow pads. :xyxthumbs:

Matt S.
02-03-2010, 01:37 PM
This is true, to an extent. The thing is, you need to be using a water soluble polish for best performance. As I understand it, the Cyan will cut similar / slightly more than a yellow pad, but finish like an orange. Tangerine will cut similar to an orange, but finish like a white.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
This is true, to an extent. The thing is, you need to be using a water soluble polish for best performance. As I understand it, the Cyan will cut similar / slightly more than a yellow pad, but finish like an orange. Tangerine will cut similar to an orange, but finish like a white.
That's pretty cool!!! I'm referring to Meguiars and Menzerna being used.

zinc02gt
02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Still doesn't fix their Velcro problem...

That is nice to know though.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Still doesn't fix their Velcro problem...

True.

I just tried a 6.5" orange CCS pad with 105. Did 2 passes and nothing really changed as far as defect removal. Switched to a Cyan Hydro-Tech and made 1 pass, defects were removed and finished just as good as the orange!!!! These pads are awesome!!!!!! :dblthumb2:

Bert31
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
This is true, to an extent. The thing is, you need to be using a water soluble polish for best performance..

What would be some examples of a water soluble polishes and some none water soluble polishes?

Matt S.
02-04-2010, 11:57 AM
It's hard to know exactly, since manufacturers do not share exact ingredients. Stick with Meguiar's, Menzerna, 3M, etc....generally, anything considered body shop safe will work. XMT and Wolfgang polishes are also compatible with these pads. :xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
As I understand it, the Cyan will cut similar / slightly more than a yellow pad, but finish like an orange. Tangerine will cut similar to an orange, but finish like a white.
That, my friend, is very cool! :buffing: