PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner

RaskyR1
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Does anyone know if this stuff is body shop safe?

Thanks,
Rasky

jlb85
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Good question, I'd like to know for sure also.

I'm guessing it is not since it does have some "UV Protection", and it can be blotchy sometimes requiring followup wiping.

RaskyR1
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Good question, I'd like to know for sure also.

I'm guessing it is not since it does have some "UV Protection", and it can be blotchy sometimes requiring followup wiping.

Yeah, I'm going to be doing a lot of work in a body shop and need to know that my materials are safe. I guess I can always just use Meguiars M40 but it has more gloss than I like.

akimel
02-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I'm going to be doing a lot of work in a body shop and need to know that my materials are safe. I guess I can always just use Meguiars M40 but it has more gloss than I like.

Are you sure that M40 is bodyshop safe, Rasky?

Edit: Check out this list of paintable and non-paintable Meguiar's products (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39257). As you'll see, M40 is not bodyshop safe.

GMC83
02-03-2010, 01:36 PM
M40 is not body shop safe.

RaskyR1
02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Are you sure that M40 is bodyshop safe, Rasky?

Edit: Check out this list of paintable and non-paintable Meguiar's products (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39257). As you'll see, M40 is not bodyshop safe.

My bad....I thought all the professional line was body shop safe. :D

Thanks for the heads u Al!:props:

Guess I will have to just use APC then.

jlb85
02-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Rasky, do they have a booth? I would assume a little interior cleaner would not be a problem. There is definitely less M40 in the air than dust or fuel vapors. I wouldn't use an aerosol or pressure washer, but a little QD and interior cleaning should not be a problem unless they paint in the open shop with no dust collection.

RaskyR1
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Rasky, do they have a booth? I would assume a little interior cleaner would not be a problem. There is definitely less M40 in the air than dust or fuel vapors. I wouldn't use an aerosol or pressure washer, but a little QD and interior cleaning should not be a problem unless they paint in the open shop with no dust collection.
yeah they have 2 booths. I just got off the phone with the body shop owner and we are just going to move the cars upstairs where the do all the assembly and just finish off the interiors up there. Currently the car is downstairs where they do all the body work and painting....I will still have to wet sand and buff down there though. ;)

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Chad, I would not not apply anything like interior cleaner or dressing anywhere near the paint booth. You would be surprised how well that stuff moves through the air. Years ago at my buddy's custom paint shop a customer but dressing on his tires outside the shop with the doors closed and it still got to one paint job. From then on all that stuff was applied down a few buildings.