PDA

View Full Version : Found a MF towel that doesn't lint!!!

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
When used in conjunction with a QD.

Cobra Shamrocks= lint
Cobra 530's= lint
Adam's plush= lint

I bought a Mothers OTC claybar kit and it came with a yellow MF towel. It's really soft, and doesn't lint!! It's not as thick the previous 3, but not super thin either. It's my favorite so far!!!

Mothers Microfiber Ultra Soft Quick Detail (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-microfiber--detail-towel.html)

Matt S.
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Have you tried our Edgeless (Indigo, Arctic) towels? They're similar to the Mothers and Meguiars buffing cloths, but much higher quality IMO. No lint whatsoever and they work very well for buffing off any kinds of waxes or polishes. I would recommend something thicker for QDing, though. The best towels in that case would be the Supreme 530s, but since you don't like them, the Cobra Deluxe Jrs would get my vote for QD duty.

Cobra Arctic White Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths, microfiber towels, wax remover, buffing towels (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-teal-edgeless-microfiber-cloth.html)

Cobra Deluxe Jr. 600 Microfiber Towel, 16 x 16 inches (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-deluxe-jr--microfiber-towel.html)

zinc02gt
02-02-2010, 04:57 PM
None of my MF towels lint and I mean none of them. Guess you jsut got bad batches?

I have alot of SMP MF towels both polishing and plush and 4 of the limited supply Cobra MF towels that AG has for sale. Those don't even lint and I haven't even washed them yet.

bamaproshop
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I also use the Cobra Jr 600 with no lint at all :dblthumb2:

VISITOR
02-02-2010, 05:32 PM
the mothers microfiber towels work well, and i've been using them wash and after wash with no problems. i too am experiencing the lint like many others, with some of the cobra microfiber towels and don't think i am going to purchase them again anytime soon...

Rydis
02-02-2010, 06:05 PM
all my cobra MF towels lint..so this is interesting.

mcpp66
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm partial to the Poorboy's DMT and UMT towels. Griot's Garage towels work nicely as well without linting.

mcpp66
02-02-2010, 06:07 PM
all my cobra MF towels lint..so this is interesting.

I've never purchased a Cobra towel but I received some freebies from other orders and they all linted like crazy. That's why I never tried Cobra. It's the only AG product I've had issues with.

Slava
02-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Only Cobra MF that linted on me were the green ones. Not sure what there are called but other work well and are lint free.

Bunky
02-02-2010, 06:29 PM
When used in conjunction with a QD.

Cobra Shamrocks= lint
Cobra 530's= lint
Adam's plush= lint

I bought a Mothers OTC claybar kit and it came with a yellow quick detail towel. I'm assuming it's a 70/30 blend, it's really soft, and doesn't lint!! It's not as thick the previous 3, but not super thin either. It's my favorite so far!!!

Mothers Microfiber Ultra Soft Quick Detail (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-microfiber--detail-towel.html)

The mf towel included in the clay kit seems a little different from the Mothers 20x24 mf towel. The label said 80/20 on the Mothers Clay Kit.

As for the Mothers 20x24 mf towel, it is a good dual nap towel but it is also a nice size. It is not that big to be ungainly when damp like some larger towels can be but larger than the more common 16x24 towel.

Kris R
02-02-2010, 06:40 PM
interesting....Im my experience No microfiber cloths really lint when they are new. I too have used that same mothers kit and the cloth is great. after a bunch of washes it lints with the rest of them. Im thinking its the wash and dry process....from now on im only washing with my DP pad rejuvinator, rinsing well and dry on low heat or no heat at all. It ticks me off when i go to clean the windows and I see a ton of lint.

ps targets microfiber is great so far...

Old Tiger
02-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I must be one lucky MF owner because none of my Cobras lint. I have a dozen of the infamous Shamrocks and 4 600's. I like the indigos and Artics for polish & wax removal. I really like the waffle HDs that are BOGO now and the 530's are good. The only Cobras I regret buying are the blue waffle with red trim. It does not dry well at all
IME. BTW for those with linting Shamrocks, I recommend using them for ONR washes and something else for drying. Non linting Shamrocks are as good as it gets for QD work IMO.

rwright
02-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I have 2 Meg's Supreme Shine MF towels and 2 Ultimate Wipe (edgeless) MF towels that I haven't used yet. Anyone have experience with these?

Shane731
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
I have 2 Meg's Supreme Shine MF towels and 2 Ultimate Wipe (edgeless) MF towels that I haven't used yet. Anyone have experience with these?

Those are great towels. I have 3 Ultimate Wipes and about a dozen or so Supreme Shines. I use both for quick detailing and wax removal. No complaints from me about these towels. I love 'em! :dblthumb2:

rwright
02-02-2010, 07:49 PM
I plan to order a couple cases of each if the weather would break and I could be home long enough to use them! Thanks for the feedback!