PDA

View Full Version : Business Name frustration!

Pages : [1] 2

Kris R
02-02-2010, 01:20 PM
I've never been really happy with my business name. And in recent months Ive decided that I need to do something about it before my business takes off.

It just doesnt have the feel i want. I mean I can see what I want in my head, i see others names and go "wow thats tight!" but I cant make the words in my head to properly represent me.

Obviously I want professionalism. I want something that says top of the line! Elite! Luxury!

One thing about detailing is there are SOO many detailers out there. Excuse my generalization but there are a ton of high school drop outs that will wash your car for you and call themselves detailers. I want to set myself apart from them image wise. A guy driving a 100k vehicle isnt going to call BIG TOMS AUTO DETAILING with a logo of a cartoon washing a car you know?

:buffing:

jpegs13
02-02-2010, 01:46 PM
You wanted elite..... " Elite Detailing"

Mike Phillips
02-02-2010, 02:34 PM
It just doesn't have the feel i want. I mean I can see what I want in my head, i see others names and go "wow thats tight!" but I cant make the words in my head to properly represent me.

My friend Joe, aka Superior Shine once commented that he sometimes wish he chose a different name than Superior Shine just because everyone and their brother was naming their business Superior this or that or Shine this or that nd he commented that if he had to do it over again he would go with

MonsterDetail.com

Which I registered as a joke but let the domain name lapse and now some domain name company has it for sell.

Whatever you decide to go with, read through some of the suggestions here as a some ideas to guide you...

How to choose a name for your detailing business (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/22283-how-choose-name-your-detailing-business.html)

:xyxthumbs:

Kris R
02-02-2010, 02:37 PM
My friend Joe, aka Superior Shine once commented that he sometimes wish he chose a different name than Superior Shine just because everyone and their brother was naming their business Superior this or that or Shine this or that nd he commented that if he had to do it over again he would go with

MonsterDetail.com

Which I registered as a joke but let the domain name lapse and now some domain name company has it for sell.

Whatever you decide to go with, read through some of the suggestions here as a some ideas to guide you...

How to choose a name for your detailing business (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/22283-how-choose-name-your-detailing-business.html)

:xyxthumbs:

Thats exactly what Im going through. I thought 360 was simple but everythings 360 now.

In the last month I saw Garnier 360 hair shampoo on tv
Swiffer 360
anderson cooper 360.

What the Hell?? I came up with something original a year and a half ago and now everyone is using it.

MonsterDetail is awesome because I drink Monster energy EVERY DAY lol

Kris R
02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
You wanted elite..... " Elite Detailing"

yeah thats just it...everyone is elite. now they need to make a new word that says few among many, the best of the best because elite has been used, abused, cheapened and left dirty.

jpegs13
02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Quality Detailing... Prime Detailing....Exclusive Detailing, I looked up synonyms for elite.

Kris R
02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Quality Detailing... Prime Detailing....Exclusive Detailing, I looked up synonyms for elite.

Yeah I like those too...theres a site called think map that has a visual thesaurus. its pretty cool.

DLB
02-02-2010, 02:49 PM
If you want it to scream "THE BEST"...I registered SovereignDetail.com back when I was going to use that kind of name. Never used it, just decided to use my name.

I was also kicking around the idea of something with "Premier" in the title and the only original one I came up with was Premier Detailing Systems.

If you want to use one of those, let me know. I'd be willing to get rid of the domains.

Around here there is an Elite, Xtreme, Quality, Superior, Ultimate and a couple of others that have names like that. It's hard to find a unique name in that crowd.

DLB

Mike Phillips
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
MonsterDetail is awesome because I drink Monster energy EVERY DAY lol

I believe MonsterDetail.NET is available but might not be for much longer if someone else like it...

There's a chunk of advice that I've been using myself for years and I give away freely, let me write an article about it real quick as it relates to this topic.

:)

VR8
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Maybe just add to your existing name ... Perfect 360 Detail, or Ultimate 360 Detail. Or just liven up your logo and add a catch phrase that you like, which can be a short sentence, to still include the 360 idea. I think the name you have is unique enough with a little tweaking.

Wax Gorilla
02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Use something with an "A" as many web look ups and all phone lookups are Alphabetical.

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION DEATILING (APD)

I prefer not to have Auto in the name. As I have branched out and now restore about 4 to 6 Flat Ceramic Flat Top Stoves a week at $50.00 to $75.00 a pop. The best 10 Minutes of work in the business.

Mike Phillips
02-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Here you go...

Hot off the cyber-press...

Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/23241-brand-yourself-brand-your-forum-nickname-brand-your-business-name.html)

Watch out, those pixels are still hot...

:D

Kris R
02-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Maybe just add to your existing name ... Perfect 360 Detail, or Ultimate 360 Detail. Or just liven up your logo and add a catch phrase that you like, which can be a short sentence, to still include the 360 idea. I think the name you have is unique enough with a little tweaking.

DUDE! I think you're on to something!! Seriously...

When i think of a name such as

PREMIUM detailing
PREMIER detailing
360 detailing

it just sounds like its missing something. All good words but never thought of just tweaking my own name....

Oh man the wheel is going strong now.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! And Mike hurry up with that article! Im the MAN

Kris R
02-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Use something with an "A" as many web look ups and all phone lookups are Alphabetical.

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION DEATILING (APD)

I prefer not to have Auto in the name. As I have branched out and now restore about 4 to 6 Flat Ceramic Flat Top Stoves a week at $50.00 to $75.00 a pop. The best 10 Minutes of work in the business.

that is hilarious man! I brought my PC into my kitchen the other day and used a yellow pad with the glasstop cleaner polish and it worked like a charm...

how the heck did you market that??

sullysdetailing
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM
I personally think that using your name or a nick name that is used for you name along with a classy logo and website does more then something like Extreme Shine Detail or A to Z Detail. Just my .02