PDA

View Full Version : Business Name frustration!

Pages : 1 [2]

Mike Phillips
02-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Since we never know how many lurkers and even forum members may read a thread into the future I like to include related threads that some might not find otherwise, so with that said, here's a related thread...

How to choose a name for your detailing business (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/22283-how-choose-name-your-detailing-business.html)

:)

Blake's Mobile Detailing
02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I had the same problem when thinking of my name. After reading mikes post about branding I sent in a message to the admins wanting to change my forum name to my business name.

When I was thinking of a business name I thought of a bunch of words like precision or perfection but since I am in such a small town working and going to school, i decided on Blake's Mobile Detailing. Short, sweet, has my name and describes what I do different then the place down the street.(the other guy just has his name with "carwash" attached, wich is basically what they do)

O.C.Detailing
02-03-2010, 08:03 PM
"Full 180 Detailing" would be awesome. I just thought of it sitting here reading your thread. It's also a commonly used statement representing a major change, as in an event, position or attitude and then some.

Focus2069
02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
just a word of caution about using the word "monster" in your name.

I dont know if any of yall have heard, but Monster Cable (the audio speaker cable company) is VERY well known for suing and issuing "cease and desist" orders for ANY company with "Monster" in the name. They like to pick on smaller companies especially. Just google "Monster lawsuit" or similar.

They even went after a blue jeans company and a freeking mom and pop DONUT shop...

Kris R
02-04-2010, 09:46 PM
After much searching I found the name that suits me best. My friend actually came up with this in 2001 when I wanted to do a detail business but I never used it. I dont know why I went with 360 detail but I for somereason do NOT like it anymore.

This is the new one and I already have a domain name purchased and my TM is in the works. It seems theres already a POLISHED PERFORMANCE detail name somewhere in Ohio but from the guys site its very under developed.

Thanks for all the input.

Heres the name and the tag line.

http://images5b.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp6327%3B%3Enu%3D5236%3E978%3E25%3A%3E WSNRCG%3D326%3B%3C996%3B534%3Bnu0mrj

MobolWerks
03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
In my opinion you should use a name that will work now and in the future. i.e. if you decide to add new services, you have a name that will work for all of them.

In the case of Polished Performance, it might not attract business in say the window tinting biz, but on the other hand, you could fairly easily market yourself as a rim restorer, etc.

Just a thought. Good Luck!

Kris R
03-02-2010, 03:01 PM
In my opinion you should use a name that will work now and in the future. i.e. if you decide to add new services, you have a name that will work for all of them.

In the case of Polished Performance, it might not attract business in say the window tinting biz, but on the other hand, you could fairly easily market yourself as a rim restorer, etc.

Just a thought. Good Luck!

Polished Performance was already taken. REALLY upset about that due to how many years Ive had that in mind. My best friend came up with PolishedWorks. He said Performance sounded mechanical and PolishedWorks specifically sounded like I detailed cars and it was a work of art. I like it. Im already up and running with it. In the process of getting it trademarked. Its mine.

MobolWerks
03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
What about shortening it to PolishWorks, rather than PolishedWorks. I think the reason you may be frustrated by it is it has an extra syllable. I know that sounds like a small issue, but it may "roll off your tongue better" if you shorten it....

I don't envy your situation... I remember how many stupid names I went through before I came up with MobolWerks for my company name...I swear everything starts to sound the exact same after about the 50th idea:)

Kris R
03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I swear everything starts to sound the exact same after about the 50th idea:)

ain't that the truth. Funny thing it WAS polishworks at first. Name was taken. They do engine polishing or something. Then two of my friends thought it said pole-ish works and asked me if I was selling hot dogs. So polished it is.

astrogus
03-02-2010, 08:21 PM
What about:

Shined 2 Perfection
As Good As It Gets Detailing
Gleaming Clean Auto Detailing

Just a couple thoughts, im liking the Shined 2 Perfection, maybe i'll use that one lol

T Riddle
03-02-2010, 08:36 PM
I named my business SOKE. Everyone seems to really like it and it strikes up a lot of conversation. Allows me to explain my business as well as my business name.

MobolWerks
03-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Maybe you should go completely rediculous, just to start the conversation with potential customers:)

Here's a few:

Paint Polish McGee

Load 'a Wax Detail

Detail Unit (Like "G" Unit the rappers)

Wax It!

The Scratch Master...

MobolWerks
03-03-2010, 05:16 PM
If you choose "Wax It!" you could have a theme song...

You could steal the Devo song, Whip It.

...when contamination comes along... you must clay it.... :)