PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some product reviews

Shane731
01-31-2010, 10:03 PM
OK, I'm looking at a few products, and I would just like to know what you think about them if you've used them. Thoughts, reviews, pictures, whatever you have. Thanks!

Meguiar's #62 Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner
Meguiar's Hyper Wash
P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo
DP Max Wax
Optimum Car Wash
Optimum Opti-Seal (mainly for use on windows)
Optimum Leather Protectant (for use on interior plastics)
Optimum Instant Detailer
Optimum Opti-Bond tire gel
Optimum tire shine
Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner (how does this compare to Meg's APC and APC+?)
Optimum Metal Polish (How does it compare to Collinite Metal Wax)

PAR Detailing
01-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Well i can comment on 2 of those, the MaxWax and Megs 62 wash.
To start off:
MaxWax, Its great! I love it! I think it is a great wax especially for the money. It is very easy to apply and wipe off and it makes flakes pop like crazy. I would highly reccomend the stuff!

2:
Megs #62 wash is a nice wash in my opinion. I like it but I dont put too much though into my car wash. I want something that will clean and lubricate so when I am cleaning the vehicle it wont put scratches in and I feel it does that. But that is as far as Ive really evaluated it.

Hope that helps,
Jon

Shane731
01-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks! :xyxthumbs:

GMC83
01-31-2010, 11:21 PM
I liked Meguiars Shampoo Plus more than I did M62. But I think that all may change after I try their new Ultimate Wash and wax this week.

AeroCleanse
01-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Opti-Bond Tire Gel, was not impressed with it, prefer 1Z-Einszett Vinyl & Rubber or Meg's All Season Dressing.

Wax Gorilla
02-01-2010, 06:06 AM
I like the Goldclass 2 to 1 over M62.

dublifecrisis
02-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Optimum Car Wash - very sudsy, amazing blueberry scent, did not pay much attention to it's actual ability cuz I was distracted by the smell and in a hurry. Only used it once but would def get it again.

Optimum Opti-Seal (mainly for use on windows)-if you use just on windows, I think you'd be missing out on a great sealant for paint as well. I guess it would last you a few years (one bottle) if you just used it on windows/headlights/taillights/wheels etc. I use opti-seal all the time and still have 75% of my bottle. It's 2 years old. Makes a great base but needs some cure time. Can be layered and seems to play well with most everything.

Optimum Instant Detailer-- Great for the money. bigger size dilluted to make a gallon but still just as slick and glossy as more expensive QD's. Can be a little streaky on darker colors especially in more humid areas. Fix this by dilluting it a little more. I actually mix it with ONR QD sometimes.

Optimum tire shine - Just used this last week. Makes the tires look like they're new! Not shiney, just a matte look, deep black with clear definition in the lettering or sidewall pattern. Seems to be last pretty well too even with some rain this weekend.