PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun - Rinse Cycle

TedGamble
10-11-2006, 12:41 PM
I have read hundreds of posts regarding Foam Gun usage (Best suds product, Mixture proportions of suds to water, Flow rate adjustments, Shut-off valves, Hose splitters, Quick disconnects, Pre-soak duration, Leading the wash mitt, Waterfall final rinse, etc).

BUT, I'm confused on rinsing the car...

As you wash areas of the car with your (substitute your favorite wash accessory - mitt, sponge, rag, etc), do you then rinse the foam off of those areas as you go along, or do you leave all of the foam on the car and wait until after you've washed the entire car before rinsing any foam off?

Also, I'm assuming that you rinse the (substitute your favorite wash accessory - mitt, sponge, rag, etc) in a bucket of clean water as you finish each section of the car. Right?

By the way, the Foam Gun looks like it would be loads of fun at a Slip-and-Slide (remember those) party.

ScottB
10-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Slip - n - Slides ... one warning, clearly place outside the way of sprinker heads.

As for the foam gun ... I presoak the entire car with soap first. I then make one bucket of clean water and dampen my mitt with soap. I respray each panel and I wash it. I then respray it with just soap as I move forward. Meanwhile I wash the mitt in bucket at every panel. Once done with 1/2 the car I wash off all soap and refill dirty bucket. Seems to work well !